Chicago’s Willis Tower Takes Center Stage!

A few months ago I posted a three-part series about the fantastic helicopter ride I had over Chicago:

How to See Chicago From a Captivating Angle, Part 1

How to See Chicago From a Captivating Angle, Part 2, and

How to See Chicago From a Captivating Angel, Part 3

The photo above was taken just shortly after we were in the air!  I had the chance to take a quick shot of the Willis Tower (still known by locals as the, “Sears Tower”) and the skyscrapers surrounding it.  Do you see the bridge in the foreground? This epitomizes one of the things that I just love about Chicago’s architecture.  It mixes old with new in such a unique way.  The bridge is definitely from an era gone by, yet it seems to take its place with the newer, taller (shinier?) buildings quite nicely I think.

Some people have asked me if I’ll be taking another helicopter ride above Chicago’s skyline; you bet I will! I’ll be planning a dusk tour for hopefully sometime at the end of August or early September!  It will be interesting to compare day photos of Chicago’s towering buildings with those from the dusk hours.  I’ll keep you posted!

I hope your Monday is off to a flying start!

8 comments for “Chicago’s Willis Tower Takes Center Stage!

1. July 31, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Wow! I cannot wait to see them, Cher! You have me wondering!

2. July 31, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Great picture, Cher! By the way, have you ever seen the video taken by someone climbing up one of the TV masts on the Sears Tower (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS6g0_6K8-U)?

• July 31, 2017 at 4:23 pm

Thank you, John! No, I haven’t! Thanks for including this link!! Cher xo

3. August 1, 2017 at 12:01 am

It’ll always be the Sears Tower to me 🙂 Lovely shot!

• August 1, 2017 at 6:57 am

*LOL* I know what you mean, Leigh! Ah, thanks so much! Cher xo

4. August 3, 2017 at 10:29 pm

It’s really a nice and useful piece of information. I am glad
    that you shared this helpful inro with us.Please keep us up
    to date lkke this. Thanks for sharing. http://vuthypenkupa.mihanblog.com/post/comment/new/58/fromtype/postone/fid/1501462394597e7f7ade1ec/atrty/1501462394/avrvy/0/key/a4eb78858c469377eec036aa36fac601/

Boomer Eco Crusader

Saving the environment one small change at a time

JustCallMeTaco

Anxiety, Pain, Self-Harm, Addiction, and Reality

Rereading Jane Eyre

Author Luccia Gray

thoughts and entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Ritu Bhathal

Author, Poet, Storyteller

Take It Or Leave It

The Modern Revolution Of American Patriots.

Dreams in Young Flourish

Diamonds, diamonds and stars

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.