Chicago’s Willis Tower Takes Center Stage!

A few months ago I posted a three-part series about the fantastic helicopter ride I had over Chicago:

How to See Chicago From a Captivating Angle, Part 1

How to See Chicago From a Captivating Angle, Part 2, and

How to See Chicago From a Captivating Angel, Part 3

The photo above was taken just shortly after we were in the air!  I had the chance to take a quick shot of the Willis Tower (still known by locals as the, “Sears Tower”) and the skyscrapers surrounding it.  Do you see the bridge in the foreground? This epitomizes one of the things that I just love about Chicago’s architecture.  It mixes old with new in such a unique way.  The bridge is definitely from an era gone by, yet it seems to take its place with the newer, taller (shinier?) buildings quite nicely I think.

Some people have asked me if I’ll be taking another helicopter ride above Chicago’s skyline; you bet I will! I’ll be planning a dusk tour for hopefully sometime at the end of August or early September!  It will be interesting to compare day photos of Chicago’s towering buildings with those from the dusk hours.  I’ll keep you posted!

I hope your Monday is off to a flying start!

8 comments for “Chicago’s Willis Tower Takes Center Stage!

1. July 31, 2017 at 2:12 pm

Wow! I cannot wait to see them, Cher! You have me wondering!

2. July 31, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Great picture, Cher! By the way, have you ever seen the video taken by someone climbing up one of the TV masts on the Sears Tower (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS6g0_6K8-U)?

• July 31, 2017 at 4:23 pm

Thank you, John! No, I haven’t! Thanks for including this link!! Cher xo

3. August 1, 2017 at 12:01 am

It’ll always be the Sears Tower to me 🙂 Lovely shot!

• August 1, 2017 at 6:57 am

*LOL* I know what you mean, Leigh! Ah, thanks so much! Cher xo

4. August 3, 2017 at 10:29 pm

It’s really a nice and useful piece of information. I am glad
    that you shared this helpful inro with us.Please keep us up
    to date lkke this. Thanks for sharing. http://vuthypenkupa.mihanblog.com/post/comment/new/58/fromtype/postone/fid/1501462394597e7f7ade1ec/atrty/1501462394/avrvy/0/key/a4eb78858c469377eec036aa36fac601/

Everyday Lillie

Food, DIY, Canadian Travel, Conversations

Amarela Space

I'm just another dreamer...

Akwafrigeria

Truth to Light

ATFK

𝖠𝗇𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖶𝗈𝗋𝖽𝖯𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌.𝖼𝗈𝗆 𝗌𝗂𝗍𝖾.

Short Prose

Poetry and Prose by Gabriela Marie Milton #1 Amazon Bestselling Poet & Editor, Award Winning Author, Pushcart Prize Nominee

Roth Poetry