Saturday Serenity: Drivin’ Doggies, The “Chicago Way”

** There is a short audio clip (less than three minutes) above this note to accompany today’s post! Thanks so much for having a listen!

20 comments for “Saturday Serenity: Drivin’ Doggies, The “Chicago Way”

1. February 23, 2019 at 12:40 pm

I like the audio Cher, and your accent.

• February 23, 2019 at 4:17 pm

Ah, thank you so much, Ronnie! Wait, do I have an accent? LOL Cher xo

2. February 23, 2019 at 12:45 pm

Great photo Cher! I wonder how good a driver the little guy is? I pulled up that website, looks like a nice business, and a brilliant idea too. I do listen to your audio recordings, you have a sweet voice Cher. I do lean toward the standard format with text only, but your use of recordings is unique. I can’t recall any blog I follow that uses the audio format. Maybe you can continue to combine them both somehow? Hugs from the valley! ❤️

• February 23, 2019 at 4:18 pm

Thank you, John! I wonder that too! Yes, I think it is a fab idea! Ah, bless! You just made my entire week, John! Thank you so much! I really appreciate your kind and thoughtful words. Yes, I shall continue with using both formats! Hugs from the Prairies! Cher xo

3. February 23, 2019 at 4:13 pm

It is true, there is so much that goes through the mind when seeing the van and the dogs in the front seats. Funny and thought-provoking at the same time.
    Btw. I appreciate your audio clips, Cher. Please, keep it up!

• February 23, 2019 at 4:19 pm

LOL Thank you, Erika! I agree; I think the doggie was wondering who I was and why was I wondering about his ‘driving’! LOL Ah, bless! That makes me really happy to hear that, dear Erika! Thank you! Cher xo

• February 24, 2019 at 5:53 am

It would have been interesting what it was thinking… haha. Yes, sure! I like your idea to make it more personal in talking to us 💖

• February 24, 2019 at 3:49 pm

LOL Yes, that’s for sure! Oh, thanks so much, Erika! 🙂 🙂 Cher xo

• February 25, 2019 at 1:05 pm

😄My pleasure, Cher 😊

• February 25, 2019 at 6:03 pm

🙂 xo

4. February 23, 2019 at 4:31 pm

A great photo, Cher! Such a serendipitous encounter. This was the first time I listened to an audio because I was intrigued and the audio was part of your post. I loved hearing your voice (and yes, accent), and your story.

• February 23, 2019 at 4:40 pm

Thank you so much, dear Carol! I really did have quite a laugh when I approached the van. To be honest, I thought it might be rather fun to ‘hitch a ride’ and see what adventures these doggies were up to! Ah, why thank you! I really appreciate it a lot. As I started doing the audio accompaniments not too long ago, I wasn’t certain if it was better to just have text and photos. I will make the clips short, as I know there are so many blogs to visit and enjoy. Do I have an accent? LOL When I am back home in Canada, some people think I have an American accent. But here some people can’t figure out where on earth I’m from, only that I’m not from Chicago! LOL Thank you again, dear Carol (and of course a splendid and wonderful birthday! Cher xo

• February 23, 2019 at 4:46 pm

Accents are funny things. Some people automatically change how they speak and never realize it while others seem to be unaffected. I know from transcribing interview tapes that I change how I speak to reflect the person I’m interviewing, using phrases I never use otherwise. 🙂 Maybe your audios can serve the same purpose for you if you compare audios from Chicago and Canada… LOL

• February 23, 2019 at 5:56 pm

They really are, aren’t they? Oh do you, Carol? That is a very interesting observation! I shall have to compare indeed! Thank you for the suggestion! P.S. My Dad REALLY makes fun of the way I say, “about.” He reminds me that it ‘doesn’t sound Canadian AT ALL!” *grin* Cher xo

5. February 23, 2019 at 4:53 pm

Such a funny picture, Cher, and the dog seems happy to be in the van:) I enjoy the audio portions of your posts, although I don’t always listen. Just depends. You could certainly mix it up and do some of each, which should please everyone!

• February 23, 2019 at 5:58 pm

Thank you, Becky! He sure does, doesn’t he? Well that is a great suggestion! I’ll mix it up and when I do have a wee audio clip I definitely will keep it short! And of course, no clip on “Wordless Wednesday”!! *grin* I always appreciate you stopping by and your comments, Becky. Super grateful to you! Thank you! Cher xo

6. Annie van Es
    February 24, 2019 at 1:16 am

What a fine moment, It is very funny. A good beginning of the day. I wish you a nice day Cher and I love your comment.

• February 24, 2019 at 3:48 pm

Thank you, Annie! Isn’t it funny? I wish the other dog had looked at me too! And to you as well; thank you! I hope the weather is nice in Holland! Cher xo

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Platform Number 4

Becky Ross Michael: an author's blog

An Unexpected Muse

writing ... after parkinson's

Art by Rob Goldstein

There is no common truth, but there are facts.

BlogBimmel

Aktuelles - Vordergründiges - Hintergründiges - Unergründliches - Dumm Tüch - Fotos

Crow On The Wire