Do you ever wonder if some of the little things you do are shared by others? I started to think about a few things that I do and wondered if anyone else partakes in these peculiarities too!
So here is a list of 8 behaviors/actions that I have utterly no idea as to whether you do them too:
- I never take the first item off a store shelf (or in the refrigerator section); I take the one behind it or even the one after (you know, perhaps someone opened the box or container of the first item and tampered with it);
- Sometimes when I am at the library or a book store, I’ll randomly choose any book and open it to a page and read the first thing I see (quite synchronistic at times, believe it or not);
- When I sneeze and no one else is around, out loud I say, “Bless you”;
- I always put my coat on with the left sleeve first, NEVER the right sleeve first or it just feels strange (I’m left-handed; does that make a difference in my behavior? LOL);
- When I finish reading a book, I close it, and out loud give it my two-second commentary (“Well, that wasn’t worth the overdue book charge at the library, or “Wow, soooo cool”);
- I keep various sizes of jeans in my closet because I just never know when I’ll lose a few pounds or gain (several);
- I don’t know how to properly shuffle a deck of cards, so if I happen to be in a card game (rarely) I always do the ‘polite’ thing and let everyone else shuffle (“No, I insist, you are a terrific shuffler”); and
- I wave at every single dog that passes me by on the street (sometimes to the chagrin of their pet parent) and add, “Hi puppy!”.
Okay, please tell me that you too have some interesting ‘oddities’ you say or do on a regular basis! I’d love to know that I’m not the only one who partakes in the peculiar!