Saturday Serenity: Do Have a Seat!

Chairs in the park

Happy Saturday to you! As I sit here once again reviewing a busy week, I am reminded about the perspective of any given situation.  The same scenario can be seen completely different by others.  In fact, so different that you might even think you weren’t talking about (or seeing) the same thing!

Take the above photo for example.  I took this picture last week when I happened to be walking by this delightful little park.  The chairs are all metal, each one uniquely shaped, seemingly strange when you look at them.  And yet, if the chairs were each filled with equally unique individuals, they would all have a varying take on what was being looked at in the middle of the space.  Subjective, to be sure.  But it got me thinking about my own perspective and how we mustn’t necessarily dismiss our (or others) views as somehow ‘wrong’ from one another.  I daresay the uniqueness of each one of these chairs somehow ‘works’ with the others, wouldn’t you say?

I see these chairs from the perspective of an, “Alice in Wonderland” sort of scene.  That’s my perspective.  What is yours?

15 comments for “Saturday Serenity: Do Have a Seat!

1. August 6, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Definitely something magical. This photo would be a great prompt for flash fiction. 🙂

2. August 6, 2016 at 5:19 pm

They are metal? They look like beautiful wood work. Each one is the work of a different mind, possibly from different worlds. The unique carvings and designs represent specific meanings from very different cultures. Put together, they actually accentuate each other. Great photo! ❤️

• August 6, 2016 at 6:20 pm

I absolutely LOVE your take on these, John! Well done and thank you! Yes, they are metal! Cher xo

• August 6, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Glad you like my assessment! 😬👍🏻

• August 6, 2016 at 6:35 pm

I do indeed!! ❤ ❤ xo

3. August 6, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Taken all together, I am looking at a wonderful piece of art. Each is its own piece of art; however, I cannot take each chair by itself; it’s part of the whole. I can’t imagine what the artist had in mind, of course; maybe his/her thought was to show that chairs (and people) can converse better if in the round instead of in a square or rectangle. I liken it to the fact that, when I go out to lunch or dinner with my SOLOS Club, we always ask for round tables, and will not go anywhere which does not have the capability of seating us at round tables. So much better for great conversation and looking directly at our dining companions. This art of these chairs placed in a circle could be sending a message to that effect. Just my impression! 🙂

• August 7, 2016 at 7:14 pm

My dear Carol, what an incredibly wonderful description! I absolutely love it! And the round seating and round tables is perfect for conversation as opposed to the traditional square or rectangular types. And I agree; the chairs seem to ‘work’ only together. Brilliant my dear! Thank you so much! Cher ox

4. August 7, 2016 at 12:26 am

This place looks magic to me, Cher 🙂

• August 7, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Oh yes, I agree, Irene! Completely magical! Thank you! Cher xo

5. August 7, 2016 at 12:40 pm

As expats we both know that it’s all about perspectives and being open to a new way of seeing things! Magical indeed Cher 💛

• August 7, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Love it, Val! You can most definitely relate!! Magical for certain! Thank you, Val! Cher xo

Writing and Illustrating