14 comments for “Wordless Wednesday: Chicago – American Furniture Mart Building, (circa 1926)

1. August 10, 2022 at 8:05 am

I love that photo, Cher. I like how that corridor looks neverending. And those big ceiling lights look like they are made of gold.

• August 11, 2022 at 7:54 pm

Thank you so much, dear Hugh! It really does look like it goes on forever! A bit intimidating the first time I was there! Ah yes, they do look like that, don’t they? Thank you, Hugh, and I hope all is well! I’ve heard about the horrible heat wave that the UK experienced! Cher xoxoxo

• August 12, 2022 at 3:07 am

That heatwave was butal, Cher. But pleased to say it only lasted one day in Swansea. We’re currently experiencing a 4-day heatwave, but it’s not as hot as the last one was.

• August 12, 2022 at 7:18 pm

Thank goodness it only lasted one day in Swansea, Hugh. I can only imagine what it felt like. I daresay the cooler temperatures of Autumn will be most welcomed this year! Cher xoxoxo

2. August 10, 2022 at 9:15 am

It has very beautiful architecture, Cher! Happy Wednesday!

• August 11, 2022 at 7:55 pm

Thank you, John! It is such a unique building! Happy Thursday (sorry about my tardiness!) I hope all is well in LV! Cher xoxoxo

• August 11, 2022 at 8:18 pm

No worries, you have a life outside of blogging like me. I love old buildings, wouldn’t it be great if they could tell their stories to us? Have a great upcoming weekend, Cher. ❀️🍻

• August 11, 2022 at 8:24 pm

Ah, thanks my friend! Oh yes, I think about that too! Especially when I see a film or tv program showing what it used to look like! Very cool! And to you as well, John! Thank you! Cher xoxoxo

3. August 10, 2022 at 9:16 am

Demospectacular. He’s back!

4. August 10, 2022 at 11:11 am

❀

• August 11, 2022 at 7:56 pm

Agreed, dear Sue! Thank you! Cher xoxoxo

5. August 10, 2022 at 1:09 pm

It sure doesn’t look like the furniture stores of today anymore than the cinder block movie house of today as compared to those in the past.

• August 11, 2022 at 8:02 pm

It sure doesn’t Don! That’s for certain! Thank you! Cher xoxoxo

Everyday Lillie

Food, DIY, Canadian Travel, Conversations

Amarela Space

I'm just another dreamer...

Akwafrigeria

Truth to Light

ATFK

π– π—‡π—ˆπ—π—π–Ύπ—‹ π–Άπ—ˆπ—‹π–½π–―π—‹π–Ύπ—Œπ—Œ.π–Όπ—ˆπ—† π—Œπ—‚π—π–Ύ.

Short Prose

Poetry and Prose by Gabriela Marie Milton #1 Amazon Bestselling Poet & Editor, Award Winning Author, Pushcart Prize Nominee

Roth Poetry