Full Moon Over Lake Michigan: It’s a “Worm Moon”

What a wonderful moon last night looming over Lake Michigan! I had heard it was called a, “Worm Moon” so I had to find out what that was all about.

Enter the illustrious “The Old Farmer’s Almanac” (does anyone remember this wonderful publication; if so, did you know it still exists?)

Apparently the full moon at this time of year signals the beginning of earthworms coming to the surface of the soil. This means that robins cannot be far behind; lo and behold, spring has arrived!

I’d like to think this also means we are getting closer to end the pandemic, and better days are coming!

I hope you have a lovely day after the ‘Worm Moon’s arrival.’

16 comments for “Full Moon Over Lake Michigan: It’s a “Worm Moon”

1. March 29, 2021 at 9:21 am

I hope this year will see the pandemic come to a close. I remember the Almanac, my grandparents always had a copy laying around. Is that white dot in the photo an alien spacecraft?

• March 29, 2021 at 12:53 pm

Me too, John; thank you! It’s a plane! 😉 LOL Cher xoxoxo

• March 29, 2021 at 9:55 pm

Ahh, OK, O’Hare and Midway I think are nearby. ❤️

• March 31, 2021 at 1:08 pm

Yes, O’Hare is and you’ve flown over the lake on your way there I seem to recall! Cher xoxoxo

2. March 29, 2021 at 11:37 am

Wowza!

3. March 29, 2021 at 12:09 pm

Lovely moon photo, Cher! The term “worm moon” is a new one to me:)

4. March 29, 2021 at 1:29 pm

It kept me awake last night – it was sooooo bright!

• March 29, 2021 at 1:59 pm

Did it, JT? It sure was bright!! Cher xoxoxo

5. March 29, 2021 at 2:24 pm

Worm Moon ha! who would’ve thunk. You can do a demo for each entry and then send it off to radio, voice overs and broaden your horizon to a co anchor or weather girl. You have to start somewher so why not start on this worm moon day. ❤

6. March 29, 2021 at 5:39 pm

Beautiful! Yes, the Old Farmers Almanac. Bruce’s dad used to get one every year in his stocking at Christmas. It’s a treasure trove of information.

• March 31, 2021 at 1:06 pm

Did he, Michelle? They really are, aren’t they? So much interesting stuff in there! I’m so glad they are still in business! Thanks! Cher xoxoxo

7. March 29, 2021 at 8:03 pm

Great photo and share! We subscribed to The Farmer’s Almanac for years–wisdom of the ages for back-to-the-landers like us in the 70s and 80s. HAPPY SPRING, CHER! Things are definitely looking up! ❤ xo

• March 31, 2021 at 1:07 pm

Thank you, dear Bette! Did you? Well that is really awesome to hear! Ah, thank you and HAPPY SPRING, BETTE! They are, and that’s a really good thing! Yeay! Cher xoxoxo

Pacific Paratrooper

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

The Yoga Cowgirl

Live fully and have fun doing so...

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time