Clouds Over Lake Michigan: Interplay of Dark & Light

The patterns of clouds over Lake Michigan recently have been quite interesting. I took this photo last week and just love how the light and dark clouds produced such unusual patterns and textures.

Does anything stand out to you in this beautiful ‘painting-like’ cloud scene?

I hope the start of your week is filled with delight!

14 comments for “Clouds Over Lake Michigan: Interplay of Dark & Light

1. Sawsan
    June 29, 2020 at 9:25 am

Yes, the cloud formations have been majestic at times, magical too.
    Beautiful, Cher!

2. June 29, 2020 at 10:15 am

Beautiful… the water is shimmering! πŸ™‚ xo

3. Boomer EcoCrusader
    June 29, 2020 at 12:03 pm

It’s interesting to see how the same cloud is a blend of light and dark. Could be an thought-provoking commentary about what’s going on in the world today. We humans are the same species but the human experience is so different based on your skin colour.

• July 1, 2020 at 11:37 am

That is such a profound observation, Michelle. Thank you for that! I’m always uncomfortable with the phrase, “what is your race?” There is only one and that’s the human race. Cher xo

4. June 29, 2020 at 1:36 pm

Aside from liking this picture the more I look at it, I believe it must be dusk due to the orange play at the horizon and some scattered colors around a few other clouds.

5. June 30, 2020 at 1:54 pm

There is something magical about the skies over Lake Michigan. Beautiful shot. Xoxoxo

Akwafrigeria

Truth to Light

ATFK

π– π—‡π—ˆπ—π—π–Ύπ—‹ π–Άπ—ˆπ—‹π–½π–―π—‹π–Ύπ—Œπ—Œ.π–Όπ—ˆπ—† π—Œπ—‚π—π–Ύ.

Short Prose

Poetry and Short Prose by #1 Amazon Best-Selling Author Gabriela Marie Milton

Roth Poetry

Poetry From the Heart!

Tranature

quiet moments in nature

Pacific Paratrooper

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."