Macy’s Holiday Windows, 2019: Believe in the Wonder

It’s that time of year (already?) when Macy’s kicks off the holiday season by creating lovely displays in some of their larger stores across the U.S.

This year’s theme is:  “Believe in the Wonder.”  It’s to remind us that we can all (not matter our chronological ages) feel the magical moments that the holidays can bring.

A few days ago I happened to be in downtown Chicago quite early in the morning.  I was able to get some pics of the six window displays (which I’ll be sharing over the next few weeks) without obstruction (i.e., dodging the folks who like to walk in front when others are taking photos!)  Huge apologies for the ‘angle’ of the photo.  It was a bit tough, I must admit, to take the photos without lots of reflections from the cars, buses, and buildings behind me.

Please zoom in for a better look at the detail.  Don’t you just love this dear fox’s face?

I was also able to get some excellent shots of the Macy’s annual Christmas tree so I’ll be sharing those as well.

Let’s begin the wonder of the holidays by enjoying the little things.  Hot cocoa and marshmallows, anyone?

9 comments for “Macy’s Holiday Windows, 2019: Believe in the Wonder

1. November 17, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Nice photo, Cher 🙂
    I appreciate, that we are in the middle of November, before the streets look like close to Christmas. Some places they start up so early, that I get tired before December.

2. November 17, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Hard to resist a fox! The weather has been so warm out here in California that I’m actually drinking an iced tea.

• November 17, 2019 at 5:25 pm

They are quite likable, aren’t they, JT? Ah, I am definitely California Dreamin’!! Cher xo

3. November 17, 2019 at 6:45 pm

The wonder of it all… Happy Holidays, dear Cher! ❤ xo

• November 17, 2019 at 9:46 pm

Ah, thank you, dear Bette! And to you as well! 🙂 Cher xo

4. November 19, 2019 at 4:37 am

Wow! Cher, that window looks like a giant advent calendar. Can you imagine how big the chocolates would be behind each window? Red is such a seasonal colour. Now I’m looking forward to seeing the Macy’s Christmas tree and other Christmas decorations they do in-store.
    Thanks for sharing these lovely annual seasonal shots of your part of the world.

• November 19, 2019 at 8:12 am

I love that, Hugh! I hadn’t thought about it but my goodness, I sure would love to see the chocolates behind each window! LOL Now when I walk past this window, I’m going to have to stop at the chocolate shop afterwards! Ah, thank you so much, dear Hugh! Yes, I shall be sharing more soon!!

Hugs to you, Cher xo

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time

Nature And Photography