Nighttime at the CN Tower, Toronto

During the holidays back in December, I took this nighttime photo of the CN Tower in Toronto. The colors on the tower were magnificent! They changed quickly and morphed into solid hues such as red, green, blue, why, each color of the rainbow it seemed. However, I was lucky enough to get this particular shot with a cavalcade of colors.

Do you see above the tower where the clouds are lit up? I just love that! At 1,815′ (553.3m) I’d say that’s A LOT of lights!!!

If you look closely at the tower you’ll see more of the structure “flanking” the middle ‘color’ strip. I’ve been to revolving restaurant and observation areas, but not during this particular trip. There is also a glass box to stand on (not me, per se) just like the one at the Willis Tower (Sears Tower for those who remember its former moniker).

They’ve added a very scary feature; it’s called, “Edgewalk”where you can walk outside the circumference of the 360 Restaurant:

[Courtesy: edgewalkcntower.ca]

It would be a snowball’s chance in you know where that I’d ever do that! I know many who would, so I’ll be glad to hold your purse or bottle of water whilst you traipse around it.

I’m not a huge fan of heights, but maybe *just maybe* I will go next time to get some photos to share with you (inside, that is). *Or should I just stay put on the sidewalk snapping pics like this one in the post?*

30 comments for “Nighttime at the CN Tower, Toronto

1. February 10, 2019 at 1:00 pm

Its beautiful, haven’t been up there since the early 1980’s…

2. February 10, 2019 at 2:38 pm

I have never seen the CN Tower so colorfully. That is a lot of light indeed. Edgewalk…. OMG!!!

3. February 10, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Fantastic photo! would definitely not be up for an edge walk–ever! 🙂

• February 10, 2019 at 4:53 pm

Ah, thank you so much, dear Bette! No me! When I saw the photo of these ‘brave’ souls I thought they are either extremely fearless, or well, let’s just go with that! LOL Cher xo

4. February 10, 2019 at 4:44 pm

Wow, that is really something! Let me get this straight, this silly walking is done outside the restaurant. When you are trying to eat you are watching these damn fools?
    No way would I do that. I jumped from airplanes in the paratroopers but I got an extra 55 bucks a month and I was young and foolish.

• February 10, 2019 at 4:54 pm

*biggest grin ever* That is a very good question, Don! I don’t know if the patrons at the restaurant have the ‘edgewalkers’ as their lunch show entertainment or not! Did you? Well that in and of itself would have been an unnerving feat (extra money or not) I’m sure. Cher xo

5. February 10, 2019 at 5:04 pm

Not in a million years. Nope.

6. February 10, 2019 at 11:33 pm

Reblogged this on It Is What It Is and commented:
    Awesome structure … love the colors!! … ‘Nighttime at the CN Tower, Toronto … ‘

7. Annie van Es
    February 11, 2019 at 1:30 am

Thank you Cher, for this beautiful view. But walking on the edge of the round gang is not my thing. I wish you a beautiful day.

• February 11, 2019 at 3:28 pm

Thank you, Annie! I agree with you! It isn’t my thing either!! And you also, Annie! Cher xo

8. February 13, 2019 at 8:39 am

Oh wow, amazing Cher. I do have vertigo so so will enjoy from the street. ♥️

• February 13, 2019 at 11:51 am

You know Holly, I do too! Vertigo is not pleasant, is it? Cher xo

• February 13, 2019 at 12:12 pm

Not at all! 😊xo

• February 13, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Just thinking about it makes me dizzy! LOL 😉 xo

• February 13, 2019 at 12:44 pm

My palms perspire … I once went to the top of the Eiffel Tower but that was before I became plagued with fear of heights. xo

• February 13, 2019 at 1:42 pm

Ah, I’m sorry about that, Holly. It really is unnerving, isn’t it? Cher xo

• February 13, 2019 at 1:45 pm

Yes, we have to grin and bear it. They say the best way to overcome it and other phobias is to do it… I still take elevators but I hate to be in there alone. lol! , silly but that’s how it is . xo

• February 13, 2019 at 3:26 pm

I know you are right, Holly. But it is difficult to do, isn’t it? It isn’t silly at all my dear. For me it’s being in a really crowded space. I do it too but I hate it! LOL Cher xo

• February 13, 2019 at 3:32 pm

xo

• February 13, 2019 at 3:56 pm

xo

Please share your thoughts with us!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Platform Number 4

Becky Ross Michael: an author's blog

An Unexpected Muse

writing ... after parkinson's

SouthernBlondeChic

"Pour Your Passion To Find Joy In The Journey"

Art by Rob Goldstein

There is no common truth, but there are facts.

BlogBimmel

Aktuelles - Vordergründiges - Hintergründiges - Unergründliches - Dumm Tüch - Fotos

Crow On The Wire

Poetry and Stories by Mark Tulin

BrewNSpew

Coffee-break Scuttlebutt

Cats in the Cradle Blog

Reviews, Giveaways, and More!