Toronto: Lake Ontario from a Covered Perspective

I definitely am in love with lakes and oceans!  I seem to feel a lovely sense of calm when I am in and around water.  Having Lake Michigan so close to me in Chicago is such a blessing.  While in Toronto recently, I absolutely had to be close to another beautiful Great Lake!  Lake Ontario is gorgeous as well.

I took this photo from a restaurant that sits close to the water’s edge.  I could have looked out these windows all day.  Likened to my view of Lake Michigan, the ever-changing ‘sky paintings’ above Lake Ontario are just as mesmerizing.

Our natural environments can really affect our mood, don’t you think?  Despite the frigid temperatures hanging in the air, I didn’t mind, as the coolness provided for a quiet, serene lake.

Cozy sweaters, hot chocolate, and a view like this is fuel for the soul when the winter months are upon us here in the frost-zone!

I hope your Friday is filled with warmth and contentment!

16 comments for “Toronto: Lake Ontario from a Covered Perspective

1. koolaidmoms
    January 5, 2018 at 10:13 am

Lake Ontario is nice but it doesn’t compare to Lake Michigan (at least the US sides). We moved from the south end of Lake Ontario to the East side of Lake MI. Everything MI does right with their beaches and shores NY has done wrong. Cannot tell you the number of days the lake in NY, in Rochester was closed to swimming due to high levels of bacteria growth due to runoff, ill placed piers, and waste water. Happened a few times here since we moved but not nearly the number of days in NY. Love the lakes but super sore point in how they care for them.

• January 5, 2018 at 11:23 am

I’m really sorry to hear about that. It is frustrating, isn’t it? I am glad that Lake Michigan is well taken care of here. We get our drinking water from Lake Michigan. It’s very clear water. Let’s hope NY takes a page from MI and does something about the water quality! Cher xo

• koolaidmoms
        January 5, 2018 at 11:25 am

Sorry to vent. I am frustrated about something and it came out here. Love your pictures and blog

• January 5, 2018 at 11:26 am

Oh my dear never a worry whatsoever! Venting is totally fine here! I think it is good to express your feelings! 🙂 Ah, thank you so much! Cher xo

2. January 5, 2018 at 10:50 am

Our environment is directly responsible at times for our mood. When it’s not sunny, I feel less cheery. I’d love to have dinner with that view.

• January 5, 2018 at 11:24 am

It’s a wonderful view, John. Interestingly enough, I don’t mind the gray skies now and again. I think it puts me in a rather introspective mood which I like! Cher xo

• January 5, 2018 at 5:03 pm

Merci beaucoup my dear!!! Cher xoxo

3. January 5, 2018 at 12:20 pm

how beautiful, every season brings it’s own beauty with it –

• January 5, 2018 at 12:27 pm

Thank you, Beth! Oh yes, it really does, doesn’t it? Cher xo

4. January 5, 2018 at 5:23 pm

BRRRRRR!

5. January 6, 2018 at 7:44 am

Lake Ontario is my lake and it is beautiful from both sides, but they definitely don’t have great beaches other Great Lakes do.

• January 6, 2018 at 3:40 pm

Hi Phil! It is a beautiful lake, isn’t it? But yes, other Great Lakes have some spectacular beaches (like Lake Michigan for sure)! Cher xo

6. nexi
    January 6, 2018 at 3:04 pm

My family lived in Toronto in the days before it was possible to cross the city underground in the freezing winter temperatures – I can still see the floor length furs hanging in our hallrobe in England. Thanks for stirring the memory.

• January 6, 2018 at 3:41 pm

Oh did they? Ah, bless! Yes, I am sure it was extremely frosty without being able to walk underground during the winter months! Thank you so much for sharing this! And you are most welcome! I am so happy about that! Cher xo

Viking Girl Adventures

To adventure is to live

Dr. Eric Perry, PhD

Psychology to Motivate | Inspire | Uplift

Saying Nothing in Particular

But happily ... JT Twissel aka Jan

Soul Writings

Our stories are gifts, and they need to be shared

Stories of ecstasy

Waiting On The Path of Happiness

Bryan Lunsford

A Site For Short-Stories

Boomer Eco Crusader

Helping you save time, money and the environment

JustCallMeTaco