Saturday Serenity: Dusk’s Pastel Sky

Last night’s sky at dusk was mesmerizing!  As I stared out onto Lake Michigan, I suddenly saw a band of little, puffy clouds roll by.  The setting sun’s light played off these pastel-colored clouds, making a beautiful pink band against the early night’s sky.  As I do have a huge propensity towards anything that reminds me of candy, these clouds were no exception, as I could not stop thinking about cotton candy!

There are a few sailboats in this photo, although I know they certainly look more like white dots than sailing vessels! But I was thinking and imagining what it must have been like to be gently floating by on one of those boats and experiencing this calming cloud ribbon as it met the horizon line of Lake Michigan.  My goodness, what an incredible contrast to the photo that I posted yesterday morning with a spotlight of sun shining down onto Lake Michigan:  The Friday File:  Spotlight on Lake Michigan

The day started with huge clouds, making for an intimidating sky, and ended with this serene and calming sky.  Mother Nature, you certainly do great work!

21 comments for “Saturday Serenity: Dusk’s Pastel Sky

1. August 5, 2017 at 10:41 am

truly beautiful, a wonderful photograph Cher

2. August 5, 2017 at 10:56 am

Wow, that is an amazing sky!

Liked by 2 people

• August 5, 2017 at 11:05 am

Oh yes, I think so too my dear! I stared at it until it disappeared into the night’s sky. 🙂 Cher xo

3. August 5, 2017 at 2:12 pm

I Want to come live there just to see your skies dear Cher.. Wonderful. Happy weekend to you xx And Hope all is well with you and yours.. ❤

• August 5, 2017 at 2:31 pm

Ah, well I wish you could too, dear Sue! I hope these little photos I share help you feel as if you are sitting here with me enjoying the views! And a happy weekend to you as well; thank you so much! Sending love and energy right back to you!! Cher xo ❤

4. August 5, 2017 at 2:30 pm

I note the water pumping station and the sailboat in the distance. I’m guessing you’re on the North Side. Correct? We used to swim at Howard Street Beach, back in the Day. Took an El ride, then swim. What delights! Thanks for the stained-glass pastel sky!

• August 5, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Correct and very observant, James! We are so incredibly lucky here in Chitown, aren’t we? The El and then a swim! That’s delightful indeed! Ah, well thank you and I love that description: “stained-glass pastel sky”; perfect! Cher xo

5. August 5, 2017 at 4:38 pm

I can’t stop staring at it, Cher! This one needs to be framed, for sure! 💜💜

• August 5, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Oh Traci that is so sweet of you to say! Thanks so much! You think I should? I never frame any of my photos but perhaps I should do that! Thanks for an excellent suggestion! Cher xo

• August 5, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Yes, that one really needs to be framed. The colors are magnificent!

• August 5, 2017 at 5:07 pm

Thank you, Traci!! That is a great idea! Cher xo

6. August 6, 2017 at 7:40 am

Wow.

7. August 6, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Your shot is absolutely beautiful! Please could I include it in my Instagram if I credit you? I’ve never asked this before but I love pastel skies so much! I’ll totally understand if you say no xx

• August 6, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Hi Chrissie! Oh my goodness it would be indeed my honor! I am extremely happy that you’d like to do that! Yes, please, by all means! Thank you so much! And just to let you know that @Chicago and @LikeChicago have both tagged me in photos and put them on their IG pages so it’s a compliment beyond belief to me that YOU would like to do this! Thank you, my dear! #justmademyeweek Cher xo

• August 6, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Aww no problem! Oh that’s so cool that accounts in your big hometown of Chicago are also wanting to share your photo’s. I’ve never been featured anywhere apart from things I’ve entered and won but I’ve had to enter myself first lol

• August 6, 2017 at 9:57 pm

Well truly I am honored my dear! Thank you! Cher xo

8. September 2, 2017 at 9:29 am

That’s pretty.

Boomer Eco Crusader

Saving the environment one small change at a time

JustCallMeTaco

Anxiety, Pain, Self-Harm, Addiction, and Reality

Rereading Jane Eyre

Author Luccia Gray

thoughts and entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Ritu Bhathal

Author, Poet, Storyteller

Take It Or Leave It

The Modern Revolution Of American Patriots.

Dreams in Young Flourish

Diamonds, diamonds and stars

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.