Throwback Thursday: Frank Lloyd Wright’s, “Ennis House”

It’s been quite hot (and dreadfully humid) here in Chicago.  Hugh from, “Hugh’s Views & News” is in the UK and mentioned that they have been experiencing quite the heat wave (a bit cooler now, thank goodness).  I thought it fitting to, at the very least, show a photo of a pool to make us all feel a bit cooler!

This is the lovely backyard area of, “Ennis House”, located in Hollywood, California.  It’s a beautiful Frank Lloyd Wright marvel, built in 1924.

This photo is from a couple of years ago.  The home is privately owned.  However, the ‘deal’ that the (current) owner had to make was that he could only purchase the house if he agreed to allow tours of the home several times a year.  On this particular occasion the house was not open; in fact, I do believe it had not been open for tours for quite some time (a couple of years if I remember correctly).

Well then, how on earth did I get this photo?  Let’s just say I was very grateful to a kind person working on some repairs of this gorgeous place, and he graciously took my camera to ‘inaccessible’ areas (inaccessible to me, that is) and snapped a few photos! I had no idea what areas I’d see when he handed the camera back to me!

14 comments for “Throwback Thursday: Frank Lloyd Wright’s, “Ennis House”

1. June 22, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Stunning!! Love his work – and your photo 🙂

• June 22, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Hi Deb! Me too! I absolutely love FLW! Ah, this time I can’t take credit for the photo! *grin* Thank you! Cher xo

2. June 22, 2017 at 12:46 pm

So amazing. It looks like modern architecture!

• June 22, 2017 at 12:48 pm

I know! Isn’t that cool, John! I have always been a fan of FLW and that is one of the reasons. He definitely was an architectural visionary. Especially if you consider the time period he designed this building. Structures were much more stately and ‘crammed’ with lots of decor; he stream-lined his designs to always incorporate nature into everything. Just love it! Cher xo

3. June 22, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Thanks for sharing this lovely and refreshing photo, Cheryl. Love FLW! 🙂

• June 22, 2017 at 1:20 pm

Hi Tonya! Why thank you! Oh yes, me too! Isn’t it funny that I have the photo but I didn’t actually ‘see’ the pool! *LOL* Cher xo

• June 22, 2017 at 1:25 pm

🙂

• June 22, 2017 at 1:26 pm

P.S. You know what’s funny? You called me, “Cheryl”! *LOL* My parents do that on occasion, and then they usually say, “I mean, ‘Cher'” *LOL* And my full name is actually Cheryl, but I haven’t used it since I was about 14 I think!! 😉 It made me smile to see you put it in the comments, Tonya! Thank you! Cher(YL) 😉 xo

• June 22, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Oops! Sorry about that. Thanks for being so gracious about my mistake, Cher. I’m glad it made you smile! 😊💛

• June 22, 2017 at 1:41 pm

Oh my dear I am glad you put, “Cheryl”! My mom and my auntie have been traipsing around the UK for the past 1 1/2 weeks so I won’t hear, “Cheryl” until they get back to Canada next week! It was nice to ‘hear’ it from you! I did get a (rare) email from my dad and he did say, “Cher” *I made sure to check” Hahahaha *still smiling* *LOL* Thank you! Cher xo ❤

• June 22, 2017 at 1:55 pm

😊❤️ xo

• June 22, 2017 at 2:16 pm

🙂 ❤

Boomer Eco Crusader

Saving the environment one small change at a time

JustCallMeTaco

Anxiety, Pain, Self-Harm, Addiction, and Reality

Rereading Jane Eyre

Author Luccia Gray

thoughts and entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Ritu Bhathal

Author, Poet, Storyteller

Take It Or Leave It

The Modern Revolution Of American Patriots.

Dreams in Young Flourish

Diamonds, diamonds and stars

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.