Tuesday Train Stories: Valley of the Clouds

It’s hard for me to believe that I took this photo over a year and a half ago on the train from Chicago to California.  This was ‘somewhere’ in New Mexico; I remember seeing this magnificent view and all I could think about was how incredibly low the clouds appeared.  I have never seen clouds this close to the ground before!  It was as if you could run up the hill and touch them!

Can you see the shadows the clouds are casting on the hills? I know a lot of people post photos on, “Throwback Thursday” from a time gone by.  For some reason I thought I’d switch that up and have a, “Timeless Tuesday”!

12 comments for “Tuesday Train Stories: Valley of the Clouds

1. June 6, 2017 at 11:13 am

Beautiful photo Cher! I see this happen here in Vegas, my apartment is at almost exactly 2800 foot above sea level, the clouds in Red Rock Canyon occasionally touch those peaks as well as Lamadre’ Mountain which can be seen from home. I suggest that the location you snapped this image at is very high above sea level. Again, beautiful photo, well done! ❤️😬

• June 6, 2017 at 11:25 am

Why thank you, John! Yes, I’m sure you are right. Oh can you? Having never seen this before it was incredible to me! Prairie Flatlands show such a distinction between the high flying clouds and the low plains. But this…..my goodness!! Cher xo

2. June 6, 2017 at 1:59 pm

So, you drove the Route 66 by train… lol! Beautiful picture!

3. josypheen
    June 7, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Gorgeous. I think the best thing about travelling on trains is being able to slowly look at all the views (as long as you can stay awake!) The only problem is I always get sleepy on trains so I can’t see the views!!

• June 7, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Thank you! Ah yes, I love that about train travel too! Oh do you? I’m the opposite! I can’t sleep so I’m staring out the window waiting to take a photo or two! *LOL* Cher xo

4. June 7, 2017 at 10:18 pm

Spectacular! I love this!

5. June 8, 2017 at 8:04 am

I’ve never been to New Mexico. All the green surprises me. I imagined it as being very desert-like there

• June 8, 2017 at 12:14 pm

It surprised me too, Phil! In fact, this particular area was the area just prior to what you might think of as, New Mexico topography. I always used to think of New Mexico as orange soil! Yes, there are areas of NM that are desert-like which I just love!

Boomer Eco Crusader

Saving the environment one small change at a time

JustCallMeTaco

Anxiety, Pain, Self-Harm, Addiction, and Reality

Rereading Jane Eyre

Author Luccia Gray

thoughts and entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Ritu Bhathal

Author, Poet, Storyteller

Take It Or Leave It

The Modern Revolution Of American Patriots.

Dreams in Young Flourish

Diamonds, diamonds and stars

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.