Labor Day: Rejoice in Doing Absolutely Nothing!

Lake Michigan September 5 2016

Today is Labor (or in Canada, “Labour”) Day.  It’s a day of resting, relaxation, and (hopefully) doing absolutely nothing.  I can verify that is exactly what I am doing today.  Well, the only thing I am doing is writing this post to tell you that I’m doing absolutely nothing; which, in and of itself is something, isn’t it? Oh honestly, even when I am trying to do nothing that’s something!

Regardless of where you find yourself on this 5th day of September, I hope you find time to have a break and a few laughs to lighten up the ‘laborious’ day! 🙂 *LOL*

18 comments for “Labor Day: Rejoice in Doing Absolutely Nothing!

1. September 5, 2016 at 3:53 pm

It’s weird celebrating Labor Day now that I’m more or less retired…

• September 5, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Then every day should be Labor Day for you, John! You deserve to relax!! Cher xo

2. September 5, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Doesn’t the spelling difference make you nuts? Frankly, I’m annoyed with whoever had the brilliant idea to alter the words. Britain, Australia and Canada use the correct spelling. Our spelling and dialect are wrong… I’ve worked the last three days, no holiday for me but am off the next two days. Hope you’ve had a good holiday. ❤️

• September 5, 2016 at 4:27 pm

Hi John! Oh yes, I am constantly having to ‘switch’ my brain to the “American” way of spelling words! In fact, at work sometimes I am reminded not to use the ‘u’! *grin* I agree; Canada, Britain, Australia, et al are spelling correctly by using the ‘u’ in many words. Well I am so sorry you had to work (I worked 6 days in a row so you are in good company, my dear)! And yes, thank you, I am having a lovely holiday, my Michigan neighboUr!!! *biggest grin* Hope all is well in the desert! Cher xo

• September 5, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Thanks! Things are good here, glad the summer heat is waning finally, temps now only in the 90’s!!! 🙃😋

• September 5, 2016 at 5:01 pm

“Only” in the 90’s, eh John? *grin* Cher xo

• September 5, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Yes indeed, and I can tell a big difference – barely sweated working today!

• September 5, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Wow, you really are acclimatized to that heat, John! Yikes! Cher xo

3. September 5, 2016 at 4:33 pm

eh I’m earning some overtime to later do absolutely nothing 😄

4. September 6, 2016 at 3:15 am

Doing nothing is one of the best ways to spend a day haha! Hope you had a lovely time!

• September 6, 2016 at 7:18 am

I completely agree, Suzie! *LOL* Oh yes, I most definitely had a lovely time doing nothing, nothing, NOTHING! hahahaha Thanks, Suzie! Cher ox

5. September 6, 2016 at 5:18 am

Usually work just the same, Labor Days, or any other holiday. If something needs to be done then it gets done. But that’s OK with me, I take off
    any day I want.

• September 6, 2016 at 7:19 am

Ah, bless! Well I am glad you get to take time off when you want, Eddie! I know you work very hard! Blessings to you, dear Eddie! Cher xo

Viking Girl Adventures

To adventure is to live

Dr. Eric Perry, PhD

Psychology to Motivate | Inspire | Uplift

Saying Nothing in Particular

But happily ... JT Twissel aka Jan

Soul Writings

Our stories are gifts, and they need to be shared

Stories of ecstasy

Waiting On The Path of Happiness

Bryan Lunsford

A Site For Short-Stories

Boomer Eco Crusader

Helping you save time, money and the environment

JustCallMeTaco