Light Arrival

Clouds Jan 4 2016 5

This morning’s sunrise was met with a lot of busy, quickly moving cloud formations.  As I looked at each cloud group rolling by, it felt as if they all had somewhere to go on this frosty, January morning.  Why, it’s the first Monday of 2016, and I think these interesting clouds were not letting a bit of chilliness preclude them from their hasty adventures.  I completely understand if my descriptions of these clouds sound rather frivolous; however, while watching them, I felt as if they were simply going with the flow.  Hhhmm, perhaps a metaphor for our own lives, as it certainly makes for a smoother day when we can resist the temptation to push upstream, don’t you think?  From what I gather, only salmon find success in going against the flow!

Here’s to a flowing, fantastic Monday!

17 comments for “Light Arrival

1. January 4, 2016 at 8:41 am

Cheers to a good week!

2. January 4, 2016 at 9:49 am

What a beautiful sky..! 🙂

3. OneDizzyBee
    January 4, 2016 at 10:57 am

It takes a special talent to look at something most of us barely even glance at, and see the beauty. In keeping with a ‘resolution’ I made to acknowledge one good thing every day, I choose this post and you for today. Were it not for people like you, who can see some clouds rolling through the sky and describe them in such a delightful way, people like me would not see half the beauty in the world.

• January 4, 2016 at 1:59 pm

My dear, I think it is wonderful to acknowledge one good thing every day, and even more if we can! Thank you so much; your words of kindness and thoughtfulness are extremely appreciated, although I must say I don’t think I deserve them!! Then if we are choosing a good thing each day, today I choose YOU and your wonderful and thoughtful spirit!! Bless you!! Cher xo

4. January 4, 2016 at 11:26 am

It’s a fine description and accurate. Clouds move differently in the north than here. The holidays are over, life has sped up once again and so have the clouds it seems.

• January 4, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Why thank you, John! You know, that is extremely interesting what you mentioned. When traveling to California this past October, I swore the clouds over New Mexico were ‘lower’; I had never, ever seen anything like it! Ah yes my friend, life has once again sped up! I see what you mean; so have the clouds!!! Cher xo

• January 4, 2016 at 2:09 pm

You are welcome! I suppose the atmospheric pressure was different causing the clouds to be lower, or the altitude you were at made a difference. Or both. My house is at almost exactly 2900 foot ASL, we are high! hehe

• January 4, 2016 at 2:28 pm

I do wonder about it, John; it looked so surreal to me! You most certainly are!! 2900 feet!!! Cher xo

5. January 4, 2016 at 11:50 am

It lasted for a few minutes. I think the sun just wants us to know it’s still there, ever if we rarely see it. Stops some of us from jumping from high buildings.

• January 4, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Well my dear fellow Chicagoan, you and I both know that the sun seems to be on a rotation over Chicagoland at this time of year, doesn’t it? I’m glad I spotted it today, albeit briefly!! Cher xo

6. Amy
    January 5, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Wow, stunning view!

Pacific Paratrooper

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

The Yoga Cowgirl

Live fully and have fun doing so...

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time