The Watchful Eye

Squirrel

I took the above photo last Spring.  I thought I’d share it with you today for a Monday morning laugh! I recall hearing the ‘scurry scurry’ of claws on bark.  When I looked up, I saw this little creature staring right at me.  I thought to myself, yes, here we are Mr. Squirrel; you looking at me looking at you!

It makes you wonder what on earth he was thinking!  Does she have some snacks for me? Has she stolen my snacks from me? Hey, where are my snacks? Hard to tell, really.

All I know is, this screwy squirrel was not taking any chances on me finding his nutty stash!

43 comments for “The Watchful Eye

1. August 24, 2015 at 11:27 am

He wants food for hibernation! 😛

2. August 24, 2015 at 11:31 am

Very successful rodents! They seem to live in every state and every climate.

• August 24, 2015 at 11:34 am

Indeed they are, John! The ones in Chicago are, well, exceptionally sneaky! 😉 cher xo

3. August 24, 2015 at 11:31 am

What a delicious – uh – I mean DELIGHTFUL neighbor!

4. August 24, 2015 at 11:43 am

I live on an island and these were introduced to the island in the past. First the black and then the greys. They are scarce. I didn’t see a squirrel on the Island until 2 years ago and I have been living here 7 years. They are cute but can be destructive from memory of living back home back east.

• August 24, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I agree; they can most definitely be destructive! I think in this particular part of the country there are only grey squirrels. The area of Canada where I’m from has black and grey squirrels. I must agree they are cute, but my goodness they do get themselves into a lot of trouble! *well, trouble for other animals and humans* Cher xo

5. August 24, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I have had a few close encounters with the squirrel kind that still make me chuckle today 🙂 The best squirrel story happened many years ago on a camping trip. We were tent camping, so no kitchen except to cook outside. My spouse was making pancakes. He slapped one on my paper plate and before I could even dig in a bird swooped down and stole it. Then proceeded to eat it with the other birds as well as the squirrels mere feet from our picnic table. Ballsy I have to say – ha!

Happy Week – Enjoy!!!

• August 24, 2015 at 12:42 pm

*LOL* *LOL* Oh my goodness, those little bums! They were most definitely watching the cooking, weren’t they? Ballsy is right! Hehehehe Thank you for the Monday chuckle my dear! Happy Week to you, too; thank you! Cher xo

6. August 24, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Nice shot, Cher. A guy unwilling to share his nuts. So selfish!

• August 24, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Thanks, Mark! I quite agree; how incredibly rude! 😉 Cher xo

7. August 24, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Maybe some nuts or fruit, they use to love this. He is so cute Cher 😀

• August 24, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Hi Irene! If we combine nuts and fruit, we get a nice trail mix! That must be it! He is hoarding trail mix! *LOL* Isn’t he cute? But he sure looks bratty to me! *grin* Cher xo

8. August 24, 2015 at 4:21 pm

That squirrel looks a bit pudgy. 😉

• August 24, 2015 at 4:36 pm

You noticed that too, huh? I thought that as well! *LOL* I think that’s why he was giving me, “the eye”; he doesn’t want to share his snacks at all! Cher xo

9. August 25, 2015 at 1:37 am

Squirrels are an interesting lot. We have one tiny Red Squirrel among the traditionally larger grey/black ones and he is the biggest bully I’ve ever seen to all the other squirrels. He is just plain MEAN !! He chases all the others out of our yard, stealing any food put out for others he eats ALL OF IT. He’s one lean, mean Red squirrel machine! What personality’s smallest of creatures have.

• August 25, 2015 at 7:23 am

I don’t think I’ve seen a red squirrel in years! Yes, they really can be the bully of the neighborhood. Did you see the photo of the bunny that I posted a few weeks ago? I had to chase a squirrel away that was about to go after the bunny! Little bums! That red squirrel probably chases a lot of birds away, too I’ll bet! Oh yes, they sure do have quite the personalities, don’t they dearie? Cher xo

10. August 25, 2015 at 6:19 am

Little creature. Hmmmmm.

11. August 29, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Wonderful capture, dear Cher… I love the way he stares at you!!!… All my best wishes. Aquileana 🍓🌺🌴🌞

• August 29, 2015 at 11:18 pm

Ah, merci dear Aquileana! Yes, he certainly captured my attention with staring at me!!! Hehehehe And to you all my best wishes as well!! Cher xo

Cbridge.ca