Saturday Splendor: nature’s paintbrush is a busy bee!

Lake Michigan Sept 2014 1It may seem that I’m doing a ‘repeat performance’, as it were, from last Saturday’s post; that is, showing you yet more photos of Lake Michigan.  However, what continues to intrigue me is the awe-inspiring and entrancing way in which this lake shows its never-ending beauty.  The above photo was taken today; the water is fairly calm, and there are only tufts of clouds looming overhead.  My, what a difference a day makes:

Lake Michigan Sept 2014 2As what happens quite often, wait a few minutes, and the scenery changes dramatically.  These indignant clouds were none too happy with the distant light; thankfully, they arrived, hovered lowly for only a brief encounter, and meandered on their way.

Lake Michigan Sept 2014 4Ah, these little puffy cotton-ball clouds were not the disrupting kind; they merely glided across the lake, and bid their adieu.

Happy Saturday, everyone! Oh yes, please stay tuned for, “The Second City” post(s) arriving at The Chicago Files in a few weeks!

20 comments for “Saturday Splendor: nature’s paintbrush is a busy bee!

1. September 6, 2014 at 2:07 pm

Lovely post Cher…Made me want to cloud watch. 🙂 Shared on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ 🙂

• September 6, 2014 at 2:09 pm

You rock, dear Donna! Thank YOU so much!! I feel the same way; it is literally head-shaking when I see these clouds shift and change over the water. Wonderment, indeed! I hope you are having a lovely Saturday, my dear! Cher xo

2. September 6, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Glad to be able to see your post, Cher. Had a little problem with the computer. All fixed now. Your photo reminds me of scenery that is familiar in Florida – perhaps in middle to northern Florida. The greenery and puffy clouds look almost the same. Amazing! Love your photos. Have a great rest of the weekend. 🙂

• September 6, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Ah, well I am so glad your computer is fixed now, dear Carol! They are terrific machines when they work, and utterly frustrating contraptions when the don’t! *LOL* I’ve not been to Florida yet, believe it or not! That is very interesting that you see similarities in the greenery and puffy clouds! I love that! Thank you, Carol! I hope you have a great rest of the weekend, too! Cher xo

3. September 6, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Hi Cher! These photos are gorgeous! I hope you are doing well and enjoying your weekend. I think of you so often and I keep writing you emails in my mind!! 🙂 I hope your September ROCKS!!! 😉 Talk very soon. Digging the sky photos. I love photos with water and clouds! Blessings and light to you always – Allison xo

• September 6, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Hi Allison! Awh, thank you so much dear! That is so sweet of you! Right back at you! Well keep those emails coming! *grin* I hope to chat soon!! Love, Cher xo

4. September 6, 2014 at 2:35 pm

I thought you were in the Virgin Islands on vacation…. the lake does look that Caribbean blue… great photos…

• September 6, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Well didn’t you just make my entire day! Isn’t it incredible? The first time I saw Lake Michigan I was stunned; I had no idea it would be THAT blue or THAT clear; and it is both! Thank you for your wonderful comments! Cher xo

5. September 6, 2014 at 4:14 pm

I love Lake Michigan and Lake Superior too.

• September 6, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Aren’t they beautiful, John? I love both Lake Michigan and Lake Superior as well!! Thank you for your comments!! Cher xo

6. September 6, 2014 at 6:20 pm

Great images – thanks

• September 6, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Thank you, dear Bruce! I hope you are having a great weekend! Cher xo

7. September 6, 2014 at 6:37 pm

All those greens are just gorgeous!

• September 6, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Thank you! Isn’t it? I love it, too! Cher xo

8. September 6, 2014 at 10:12 pm

I must say that I like the drama of the clouds. Excellent shots for comparison.

• September 7, 2014 at 7:36 am

Thank you, dear seeker! I like them too! They are moody sometimes, though! Cher xo

9. September 7, 2014 at 3:37 pm

yep you are not kidding, one day i was on my sofa, now i am sleeping on everybody else’s, thank goodness for good friends!

Viking Girl Adventures

To adventure is to live

Dr. Eric Perry, PhD

Psychology to Motivate | Inspire | Uplift

Saying Nothing in Particular

But happily ... JT Twissel aka Jan

Soul Writings

Our stories are gifts, and they need to be shared

Stories of ecstasy

Waiting On The Path of Happiness

Bryan Lunsford

A Site For Short-Stories

Boomer Eco Crusader

Helping you save time, money and the environment

JustCallMeTaco

Anxiety, Pain, Self-Harm, Addiction, and Reality

Rereading Jane Eyre

Author Luccia Gray

thoughts and entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.