Wonderful Wednesday Watercolor

Lake Michigan February 12 2014

About a month ago I posted a picture of Lake Michigan at sunrise.  This morning I took a picture just before sunrise.   The scene is like an ever-changing watercolor painting.  The picture I posted last month had pinks and purples adorning the sky.  Today, it is much more oranges and light blue-grey hues.  Please click on the picture for the full effect!

What a wonder, this natural painting!  Have a terrific day!!

31 comments for “Wonderful Wednesday Watercolor

1. February 12, 2014 at 7:36 am

Cracking capture Cher, I love the tones and movement in the sky 🙂

• February 12, 2014 at 7:45 am

Oh thank you so much, Ed! I think I’m rather embarrassed as my pictures are taken by my phone and certainly not the best quality. I do love capturing the changing scenes and comparing them! Yes, the tones and movement are lovely!! Cher xo

• February 12, 2014 at 7:50 am

Nothing to be embarrassed about Cher, I know a few Pro’s who shoot alot of stuff with their phones. With the amount of new tech these days, it gets harder to tell the difference. I’ve done it myself, and trust me, there is nothing wrong with the quality 🙂

Eddie

• February 12, 2014 at 8:06 am

Awh, thank you, Ed! I really appreciate your kind words. You are such an incredibly talented photographer, and I just used my little phone for this pic! *LOL* You just made my day; thank you! Cher xo

• susie
      February 12, 2014 at 10:16 am

Beautiful picture and I thank you for sharing! Do you frame these lovely photo’s? If not I hope that you will.!
      You have a great day as well Cher and this goes for each and every day !!

• February 12, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Thank you so much, Susie! No, I haven’t framed any (yet); however, perhaps I should! It’s lovely to see the every-changing scene! I hope you are well and have a great day (and every day too)! Cher xo

2. February 12, 2014 at 7:44 am

Stunning! We’re currently being lashed by floods of torrential rain, so I’m a little bit envious of your tranquil morning.

• February 12, 2014 at 7:47 am

Oh Veronica! I am so sorry to hear that. Then I shall send you lots of virtual sun and calm energy! Please be safe!! Cher xo

3. Professions for PEACE
    February 12, 2014 at 7:54 am

Such a gorgeous sunrise! Isn’t it magical ‘just before sunrise’? I love it. And that’s today? Well at least my part of the world is getting there eventually, but I just checked again – still dark. Thanks for sharing your sunshiny self to help brighten my morning Cher! May your entire day be delightful! Hugs xo Gina

• February 12, 2014 at 8:07 am

My dear Gina, thank you!! Let’s get your part of the world filled with light!! Yes, I just took it this morning. Oh yes, the time just before sunrise is magical! You can feel it! It’s such a wonderment! Thank you, my friend! I hope you have a fantastic day! Hugs, Cher xo

• Professions for PEACE
        February 12, 2014 at 8:15 am

Cher, I have an interesting request for you this morning. First two questions: Are you a Horse person, one who appreciates their beauty? Have you yet discovered the amazing photography at WhiskyTangoFoxtrot? Because yesterday I left a first comment on her recent masterpiece and it was a bit long – like you and I enjoy sharing – and now no one else is commenting! If you’re interested I encourage you to bring your sunshiny self over to her blog and who knows? You just might feel inspired to comment! xo Gina

• February 12, 2014 at 8:38 am

Hi Gina! LOVE horses, bless them! I love all animals, and isn’t it interesting that we are in the Year of the Horse according to the Chinese New Year! I shall get over there and take a peek! Thank you so much for telling me about it. Keep your comments coming on any post anywhere, Gina! The world needs to hear your sharing words. I’m on my way there now!! Thank you, dear friend! Cher xo

4. February 12, 2014 at 8:10 am

Sunrises and sunsets – love them! Great capture 🙂

• February 12, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Thank you so much! I just used my phone but this little picture is nothing in comparison to your outstanding work! Cher xo

5. nofrillswrapping
    February 12, 2014 at 8:33 am

So many thoughts run through my mind when I look at that photo.

God saying goodnight with beautiful washes of color while we the humans respond with tiny flashes of our own colors.

God the Rock Star beginning the show, humans waving lighters in the audience.

Lamp lights — God’s night light to humans.

• February 12, 2014 at 8:36 am

Love it! I absolutely love your description. Bless you for that, my dear! I am humbled by the beauty of this every-changing ‘show’!! Thank you so much for your lovely words. They are perfect! Hugs, Cher xo

• nofrillswrapping
        February 12, 2014 at 10:23 am

Thank you. I love sunrises and sunsets. If I could ever afford to build my own house, I’d have plenty of huge windows facing east and west. Can you imagine sitting in a room where the only light comes from a fireplace and just outside of its glow you sit in a big plump chair watching the sunset? A view that changes every single day, a living painting.

Excuse my long wind about this, but looking at the sky is right up there with looking at trees and water for me. No two people can occupy the same place at the same time so whenever you look at the sky, you are seeing it in a way no one else can or ever will. It’s as if God has\is creating this indescribable piece of ever changing art for each one us personally, yet all together at the same time. It amazes and awes me.

• February 12, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I absolutely love your description! It is perfect! Talk about a wonderful way to describe our personal art and experiences! Thank YOU so much! Please, comment anytime! I am honored to have you share!!! Cher xo

6. February 12, 2014 at 10:10 am

What can I say? Breathtaking! 🙂

• February 12, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Ah, dear belsbror, thank you so much! It resonates with me a sense of calmness and gentle energy. Cher xo

• February 13, 2014 at 3:37 am

That’s the best thing about clouds: they relieve us of our stress even for a while. 🙂

• February 13, 2014 at 7:10 am

They really do, don’t they? I love clouds; I love your photos and writing about the Cloud Farm! Over Lake Michigan this morning the clouds are cirrus; light, airy, and whispy! Cher xo

7. February 12, 2014 at 10:47 am

Beautiful capture of sunrise, Cher. Love the warm glowing orange colour. Thanks.

• February 12, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Thank you for your kind words! Yes, I love the orange, too! It really is a warmth that is much needed in chilly Chicago. And to see the sun come up over the water; ah, bliss! Cher xo

• February 13, 2014 at 4:47 am

Keep warm. Hope the sun will shine for you! 🙂

• February 13, 2014 at 7:08 am

Thank you! And to you as well!! And coincidentally enough, the sun is shining as I type this! I think you sent it along. Muchly appreciated! Cher xo

• February 13, 2014 at 9:21 am

Lovely!! 🙂 Iris

• February 13, 2014 at 9:25 am

Thank you, Iris!!! Cher xo

8. sunshinebright
    February 12, 2014 at 12:27 pm

Beautiful enough to enlarge and hang on the wall, Cher. You’re a terrific photographer in addition to your other talents! The photo is so much better when I enlarged it – I was able to see the street lights so much better; the stars in the sky aren’t visible, but the street lamps were the stars transplanted from the sky onto the earth!!!

9. February 13, 2014 at 5:58 pm

I’ve seen the sunset on Lake Michigan, part of my heritage as a new citizen of Michigan, but I haven’t been in a spot to see the sunrise on it yet.

• February 13, 2014 at 6:09 pm

Well how about I shall continue to stay guard at the sunrise position, and you at the sunset! 🙂 I have not been in a spot to see the sunset!!! 🙂

Cbridge.ca