Thursday’s Sunrise: Full of Flair!!

Well isn’t this a gorgeous sunrise!  I love how the clouds all seem to be in an interesting alignment.  I think it looks a bit like a fan-shape.  Do you see the airplane?  It’s heading to O’Hare International Airport here in Chicago.

An interesting little fact-o about the planes that fly into O’Hare.  You might think this plane is coming from the East (Lake Michigan is East).  Although that might be true, planes also tend to fly across the lake when O’Hare is too busy to provide enough gates for all.  It can be a bit unnerving to those who haven’t experienced this before.

It certainly happened to me many years ago.  As the plane was approaching Chicago, it began to fly over Lake Michigan.  I was quite perplexed; why would it be flying away from the city?  About ten minutes later, it banked and traveled back towards Chicago.

Sometimes at night the planes appear in the sky as if they are stars lined up, almost like a linear constellation.  It’s quite lovely to see (I have tried taking photos of this interesting optical illusion, but I can’t seem to quite get clear shots.

I hope your Thursday has ‘taken off’ with delight!

13 comments for “Thursday’s Sunrise: Full of Flair!!

1. January 16, 2020 at 9:19 am

It’s dark and rainy here in my part of Texas. Your sunrise was just what I needed:)

• January 16, 2020 at 12:29 pm

Ah, well that is really kind of you to say, Becky! Thanks so much, and I’ll send to sunshine your way! Cher xo

2. January 16, 2020 at 9:40 am

Beautiful photo Cher!!! Amazing colours. Many times flying to Michigan I’ve noted the aircraft goes a good way offshore then banks back to O’Hare. NOT my favourite airport. 🤭

• January 16, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Thank you, John! LOL I know you have! Yes, that is exactly why they do it! Mine neither! Cher xo

3. January 16, 2020 at 10:06 am

Nice photo Cher and good to know about the flights, if I ever should be able to visit 😉

• January 16, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Thank you, Irene! LOL Yes, keep that in mind should you ever visit!! 😉 Cher xo

4. January 16, 2020 at 12:58 pm

I marvel at how anyone can wake up early enough to take pictures of the sunrise and they turn out so beautiful. If I tried to do that I’d probably forget to take off the lens cap.

• January 16, 2020 at 1:20 pm

Don, you literally made my entire day! Thank you so much for your kind words! Ah, I’m most certain the lens cap would be noticeably absent if you were taking the same photos as I do! Thanks again, Don!! Muchly appreciated! Cher xo

5. January 16, 2020 at 2:14 pm

Oh to be able to see that sunrise, Cher!! What a gorgeous sky!! And I appreciated the little fact you threw in about what planes do. I haven’t done much flying lately so I’ve been out of the flying loop. Thank you for sharing this sunrise to a woman who has been caught in such greyness weather-wise. Bless you!

6. January 16, 2020 at 6:43 pm

Lovely, Cher! ❤ xo

7. January 17, 2020 at 2:52 pm

Wow! Something wonderful to wake up to!

Please share your thoughts with us!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Viking Girl Adventures

To adventure is to live

Dr. Eric Perry, PhD

Psychology to Motivate | Inspire | Uplift

Saying Nothing in Particular

But happily ... JT Twissel aka Jan

Soul Writings

Our stories are gifts, and they need to be shared

Stories of ecstasy

Waiting On The Path of Happiness

Bryan Lunsford

A Site For Short-Stories

Boomer Eco Crusader

Helping you save time, money and the environment

JustCallMeTaco