Thursday Doors: An Apartment Coat of Arms!

Every Thursday the awesome Norm over at Norm 2.0 has a fun feature called, “Thursday Doors”.  Norm challenges us to find unique and interesting doors that we happen to come across.

Today’s door is rather unusual in that it has a “Coat of Arms” above the old door.  Interestingly, this is the door to an apartment building (there are so many amazing buildings like this in Chicago – three story walk-ups).  Once again I just happened to see this when truthfully I’ve probably walked past this building dozens of times.

I don’t know the history, but I just think it is so charming to have a Coat of Arms made from tiles (I think they are tiles; what you do think)?

If I didn’t know better (and if perhaps there weren’t any numbers on the door) this could be a door located somewhere in tiny, quaint village (as opposed to urban Chicago).

Thanks as always to Norm!

23 comments for “Thursday Doors: An Apartment Coat of Arms!

1. August 15, 2019 at 10:02 am

Cool door!

2. August 15, 2019 at 2:19 pm

Fascinating!

3. August 15, 2019 at 2:19 pm

Fascinating!

4. August 15, 2019 at 3:24 pm

I love Thursdays doors and this one is no exception…beautiful! xx

5. August 15, 2019 at 5:14 pm

I wonder what that Coat of Arms means. Interesting!

• August 15, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Well you know, I was literally thinking the same thing as I stood there taking the photo! There was a big wrought iron gate to the entrance. I took the photo through the bars! LOL But I’ll see if I can find out any info.! Thank you! Cher xo

6. August 16, 2019 at 8:18 am

I love that it’s mosaic. I’d love to live in a three story walk up, there’s loads in the part of Manchester I want to move to so wish luck. What kind of building do live in hon?

• August 16, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Isn’t it cool, Chrissie? There are so many three story walk-ups in Chicago too. I live in a high-rise, but I’d love to live in a walk-up as well! Thank you, my dear and it’s great to see you! Cher xo

7. August 16, 2019 at 12:18 pm

Hmm…*strokes chin*…Interesting stuff. I have seen this in a few other places before. It always leaves me wondering about the significance of the Coat of Arms, and also, if the building wasn’t once a single family residence at one point.

• August 16, 2019 at 4:10 pm

Hi Norm! Well that is an interesting thought! I hadn’t even considered that the building might have been a single family residence. I’m going to see if I can find out anything about it! Shall report back! Thank you, Norm! Cher xo

8. August 18, 2019 at 12:04 pm

Really nice

9. August 18, 2019 at 12:16 pm

💕💕💕

Please share your thoughts with us!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Saying Nothing in Particular

But happily ... JT Twissel aka Jan

Soul Writings

Our stories are gifts, and they need to be shared

Stories of Ecstasy

Waiting On The Path of Happiness

Boomer Eco Crusader

Helping you save time, money and the environment

JustCallMeTaco

Anxiety, Pain, Self-Harm, Addiction, and Reality

Rereading Jane Eyre

Author Luccia Gray

thoughts and entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Ritu Bhathal