Thursday Doors: Elevator, Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles

The lovely Norm from Norm 2.0 has a fun weekly feature called, “Thursday Doors”.  He invites fellow bloggers to share interesting and unique doors that we happen to see during our travels.  The photo above is of an elevator door at the beautiful Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles, California.  Since Norm 2.0 hasn’t restricted our ‘door search’ to that of doors leading to rooms or buildings, I thought this elevator door would do quite nicely.

Given that this spectacular hotel opened during the “Roaring Twenties” (1923, to be precise), it should come as no surprise that its opulence and grand interior would include elevator doors as well.

A wee bit of wear and tear doesn’t detract from its beauty though.

Now who’s up for polishing all of that brass inlay on every single elevator door at the Biltmore?  I didn’t count the number of similar doors, but I can tell you for sure there are many more than this one particular door! 🙂

13 comments for “Thursday Doors: Elevator, Biltmore Hotel, Los Angeles

1. May 9, 2019 at 9:51 am

Nice!! Love the wall texture too. ❤️

2. May 9, 2019 at 11:04 am

Great shot Cher. Could this place be more opulent…don’t think so! ❤

3. May 9, 2019 at 12:41 pm

I’ve seen some great elevator doors over the years and this one certainly fits the bill. Nice find Cher 🙂

4. May 9, 2019 at 2:38 pm

Love the composition of this image, Cher. This elevator door is awesome! 🌟

5. May 9, 2019 at 4:26 pm

Reminds me strongly of similar doors in an older building in downtown Philadelphia, probably from the same era. These were days when there was likely someone in the elevator who asked which floor you wanted and then took you there. 🙂

janet

• May 9, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Oh does it, Janet? Yes, a by-gone era, that’s for sure. But I must admit that it sure would be nice to see that sort of system! I find it quite charming!! Thank you, Janet! Cher xo

Pacific Paratrooper

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

The Yoga Cowgirl

Live fully and have fun doing so...

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time