Seagull’s Flight: Perfect Posture

I literally couldn’t have posed this seagull better if I had done it myself!

I was recently in the Los Angeles/Long Beach California area.  What’s California without a stroll along the beach?  As I walked along the shore, I looked up to see a seagull against the beautiful blue sky.

Snapping only one photo before it flew by, I wasn’t certain if I’d be looking at half of a bird or simply no bird in the pic at all.

Talk about shocked when I saw the pic!  Flying in a perfect position, I was filled with gratitude for this bit of luck.

I’m certain this seagull was on its way to strike a bit of luck with some seafaring lunch!

10 comments for “Seagull’s Flight: Perfect Posture

1. May 3, 2019 at 9:40 am

When will you visit Las Vegas, Cher?

• May 3, 2019 at 2:13 pm

I can’t believe I’ve never been there since most Canadians visit LV at least once! Cher xo

2. May 3, 2019 at 10:44 am

Perfect!

• May 3, 2019 at 2:13 pm

Why thank you, Patricia!! Cher xo

3. May 3, 2019 at 1:50 pm

I’ve walked from Santa Monica Pier all the way down to Venice and back. I think everyone should have a walk along the beach in LA at least once in their life. Great seagull picture!

• May 3, 2019 at 2:15 pm

Oh did you, John? Now, I’ve been to SM, but not Venice beach (yet). I completely agree with you. I love the beach, so for me it wasn’t a far-flung idea. Thank you! When I looked at the pic I thought, hhmmmm, the seagull looks ‘photo-shopped’! LOL (I don’t even have photo shop but it was pure luck to get that little bird in perfect alignment!) Cher xo

4. May 3, 2019 at 3:30 pm

Like John, I’ve walked from the Santa Monica Pier to Venice and back a couple of times and then just walking the beaches around Malibu. It’s always interesting to see what the sea has washed onto the shore and a joy to hear the gulls overhead. There is nothing else in the world as basic as that sea smell.

• May 3, 2019 at 9:32 pm

Ah, it sounds lovely, Patricia! Yes, I agree. During this particular visit I found several sea shells that were in tact. Normally it is difficult to find a y shell that it not fragmented. And the smell, yes! Thank you, Patricia! Cher xo

5. May 6, 2019 at 6:35 am

Great shot, Cher! Hope you had a brilliant time!

• May 7, 2019 at 9:31 am

Thank you, my dear! Yes, it was great, thanks! Hope all is well with you, Suzie! Cher xo

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time

Nature And Photography