Thursday Doors: Gargoyle Greeting!

The lovely Norm from Norm 2.0 has a fun weekly feature called, “Thursday Doors”.  He invites fellow bloggers to share interesting and unique doors that we happen to stumble upon.

This week I have a rather interesting door to share.  This door is located on the front of a church here in Chicago.  What is interesting to me is the ornate and fascinating architecture around the door.  There is something about gargoyles that I just love!

However, sadly the beautiful decor surrounds rather plain, modern doors.  It was disappointing to see this juxtaposition; nonetheless, the features surrounding the doors are striking.

25 comments for “Thursday Doors: Gargoyle Greeting!

1. April 11, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Wow I agree Cher, the newer doors do no service to the original architecture. The old architecture has such class, style and flare.

• April 11, 2019 at 4:09 pm

Hi John! Yes, it really does. We’d expect to see grand doors for such an incredible architectural accompaniment I’d say! Thanks, John! Cher xo

2. April 11, 2019 at 12:22 pm

This is gorgeous! There’s something so intriguing about beautiful doors I think it’s the wonder of what’s behind! xo

Liked by 2 people

• April 11, 2019 at 4:11 pm

Me too, Holly! I often think about that and also with lighted windows in old buildings at night. When I see photos of lanterns in windows or opaque glass with an iridescent lighting I always wonder the same thing! (I think of castles, and fairy tales – silly me!) Thank you, Holly! Cher xo

Liked by 2 people

3. April 11, 2019 at 2:28 pm

Another spectacular entrance!

4. April 12, 2019 at 2:16 pm

Some pretty ornate carving work in that entranceway. Nice find Cher. Thanks for sharing this one 🙂

• April 12, 2019 at 8:03 pm

It really is, isn’t it, Norm? Thank you so much! Cher xo

5. April 12, 2019 at 6:25 pm

That’s very intricate & the Gargoyles are enchanting! I find them a bit on the scary side. Ancient Guards, protector of all good things. That’s for sharing!

Liked by 2 people

• April 12, 2019 at 8:04 pm

They really are my dear, aren’t they? Ah yes, the Ancient Guards; I love that! Thank you, dearie! Cher xo

6. April 14, 2019 at 2:43 am

Yes, fascinating indeed. Love the gargoyles!

Liked by 2 people

7. April 17, 2019 at 11:02 am

Wonderful photo!

8. April 19, 2019 at 6:10 am

You are so right – the contrast is there and that modern set of doors likely meets codes and all – but wow – you can see the misfit vibe- and what a grand church

• April 19, 2019 at 8:20 am

Why thank you so much! Yes, it is practical (which is totally understandable) but the contrast is so glaring! Cher xo

Please share your thoughts with us!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Platform Number 4

Becky Ross Michael: an author's blog

An Unexpected Muse

writing ... after parkinson's

Art by Rob Goldstein

There is no common truth, but there are facts.

BlogBimmel

Aktuelles - Vordergründiges - Hintergründiges - Unergründliches - Dumm Tüch - Fotos

Crow On The Wire