The Friday File: Frosty Lake Michigan Once Again

This was such a beautiful sunrise this morning! I was really hoping to capture the sunbeams! Can you see them rising from the sun and lighting up the clouds? It was a really ‘yellow’ sunrise.

The temperatures took a major dip overnight, causing Lake Michigan to once again be adorned with ice on its surface.  You can see a bit of sun cascading down onto the frosty lake’s surface.

It’s the beginning of the weekend, and I hope you start it off by having a lovely Friday!

12 comments for “The Friday File: Frosty Lake Michigan Once Again

1. February 8, 2019 at 11:48 am

As much as I enjoy your winter pictures, I would enjoy them more come August. Here i Minnesota, we are in a winter that makes your Chicago look almost tropical.

Liked by 2 people

• February 8, 2019 at 8:54 pm

LOL I completely understand, Don! I moved here from Winnipeg which is not too far from Minneapolis (8-hour drive I believe). Suffice it to say, the winters in Winnipeg (Manitoba) are very similar to Minnesota, so I completely understand (that Chicago does feel almost tropical). I can never complain about the winters here, Don! LOL Cher xo

• February 8, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Winnipeg. Spent a week there for a stagehand convention. Loved the city. It was during their Arts Festival. And over the years I worked and enjoyed the Winnipeg Ballet.
        Went sailing on the lake. Found a great restaurant, Cree?, that served the best buffalo stew.
        Great city.

• February 9, 2019 at 10:43 am

Well that is so awesome to hear about, Don! I am so glad you love it as I sure do too! And of course the Royal Winnipeg Ballet is legendary which makes Winnipegers quite proud. Oh did you? You’ve made my day, Don! Thank you! Cher xo

2. February 8, 2019 at 1:40 pm

I hope you do have a lovely weekend, Cher, and thank you for sharing the resplendent rising sun. ❤

Liked by 2 people

• February 8, 2019 at 8:54 pm

Why thank you so much, dear Carol! I hope you do as well! Blessings, Cher xo

3. February 8, 2019 at 3:08 pm

Lovely, Cher… ❤ Wishing you a beautiful weekend!

Liked by 2 people

4. February 8, 2019 at 6:30 pm

Hate out weather. So over winter. Beautiful sunrise. My cousin was at Navy Pier today (gymnastic met for granddaughter) and said the Ferris Wheel was turning. I think it must have been because they didn’t want it to FREEZE. I mean who, in their right mind, would go on that ride today?

Liked by 2 people

• February 8, 2019 at 8:58 pm

Oh my dear fellow Chicagoan! That is unreal! You are totally correct; who would go on that thing during this weather? Even this Canuck wouldn’t do it!! Cher xo

5. February 8, 2019 at 10:12 pm

Who would even go to the Pier? I do think it might have to do with keeping it going in this cold weather.

• February 9, 2019 at 10:44 am

That is an extremely good observation. I mean, that wind whipping from Lake Michigan at the Pier is extreme. Cher xo

thoughts and entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Ritu Bhathal

Author, Poet, Storyteller

Take It Or Leave It

The Modern Revolution Of American Patriots.

Dreams in Young Flourish

Diamonds, diamonds and stars

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Platform Number 4