The Friday File: Frosty Lake Michigan Once Again

This was such a beautiful sunrise this morning! I was really hoping to capture the sunbeams! Can you see them rising from the sun and lighting up the clouds? It was a really ‘yellow’ sunrise.

The temperatures took a major dip overnight, causing Lake Michigan to once again be adorned with ice on its surface.  You can see a bit of sun cascading down onto the frosty lake’s surface.

It’s the beginning of the weekend, and I hope you start it off by having a lovely Friday!

12 comments for “The Friday File: Frosty Lake Michigan Once Again

1. February 8, 2019 at 11:48 am

As much as I enjoy your winter pictures, I would enjoy them more come August. Here i Minnesota, we are in a winter that makes your Chicago look almost tropical.

Liked by 2 people

• February 8, 2019 at 8:54 pm

LOL I completely understand, Don! I moved here from Winnipeg which is not too far from Minneapolis (8-hour drive I believe). Suffice it to say, the winters in Winnipeg (Manitoba) are very similar to Minnesota, so I completely understand (that Chicago does feel almost tropical). I can never complain about the winters here, Don! LOL Cher xo

• February 8, 2019 at 9:50 pm

Winnipeg. Spent a week there for a stagehand convention. Loved the city. It was during their Arts Festival. And over the years I worked and enjoyed the Winnipeg Ballet.
        Went sailing on the lake. Found a great restaurant, Cree?, that served the best buffalo stew.
        Great city.

• February 9, 2019 at 10:43 am

Well that is so awesome to hear about, Don! I am so glad you love it as I sure do too! And of course the Royal Winnipeg Ballet is legendary which makes Winnipegers quite proud. Oh did you? You’ve made my day, Don! Thank you! Cher xo

2. February 8, 2019 at 1:40 pm

I hope you do have a lovely weekend, Cher, and thank you for sharing the resplendent rising sun. ❤

Liked by 2 people

• February 8, 2019 at 8:54 pm

Why thank you so much, dear Carol! I hope you do as well! Blessings, Cher xo

3. February 8, 2019 at 3:08 pm

Lovely, Cher… ❤ Wishing you a beautiful weekend!

Liked by 2 people

4. February 8, 2019 at 6:30 pm

Hate out weather. So over winter. Beautiful sunrise. My cousin was at Navy Pier today (gymnastic met for granddaughter) and said the Ferris Wheel was turning. I think it must have been because they didn’t want it to FREEZE. I mean who, in their right mind, would go on that ride today?

Liked by 2 people

• February 8, 2019 at 8:58 pm

Oh my dear fellow Chicagoan! That is unreal! You are totally correct; who would go on that thing during this weather? Even this Canuck wouldn’t do it!! Cher xo

5. February 8, 2019 at 10:12 pm

Who would even go to the Pier? I do think it might have to do with keeping it going in this cold weather.

• February 9, 2019 at 10:44 am

That is an extremely good observation. I mean, that wind whipping from Lake Michigan at the Pier is extreme. Cher xo

Please share your thoughts with us!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Platform Number 4

Becky Ross Michael: an author's blog

An Unexpected Muse

writing ... after parkinson's

SouthernBlondeChic

"Pour Your Passion To Find Joy In The Journey"

Art by Rob Goldstein

There is no common truth, but there are facts.

BlogBimmel

Aktuelles - Vordergründiges - Hintergründiges - Unergründliches - Dumm Tüch - Fotos

Crow On The Wire

Poetry and Stories by Mark Tulin

BrewNSpew

Coffee-break Scuttlebutt

Cats in the Cradle Blog

Reviews, Giveaways, and More!