Meandering Grand River, Southern Ontario

**There is an accompanying short audio clip located just above this note.  Thank you for giving it a listen!

18 comments for “Meandering Grand River, Southern Ontario

1. koolaidmoms
    January 15, 2019 at 9:40 am

Really interesting! Thank you for sharing!

• January 15, 2019 at 9:42 am

Why thank you, my dear!! Cher xo

2. January 15, 2019 at 9:40 am

Thanks for educating me about your home town, Cher. looks lovely! ❤️

• January 15, 2019 at 9:43 am

Thank you, John! I’ll be posting more pics soon, including some of the stonework that the Scots built for their textile mills! Cher xo

3. January 15, 2019 at 12:28 pm

Beautiful river in a town settled by the Scots 🙂

• January 15, 2019 at 1:52 pm

Ah yes. Thank you, Laurie! It really is a charming little town! Cher xo

4. January 15, 2019 at 3:36 pm

It is beautiful that those areas which basically were used for commercial use (there are many watermills in the Buffalo area too) which are made a recreation area of. Thanks for sharing, Cher!

• January 15, 2019 at 4:57 pm

Oh yes, I agree dear Erika! Well I didn’t know that about the Buffalo area! Thank you, my dear! I’ll be posting more of this area (along with Toronto) soon! Cher xo

5. January 15, 2019 at 3:51 pm

Enjoyed the history tour, Cher! 🙂 xo

6. January 15, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Thanks for sharing this , Cher, really interesting! ♥️

7. January 16, 2019 at 4:29 am

I love both the photo and the audio clip, Cher. In my teens, I can so remember waiting for the postman to arrive because I had Pen-Pals around the world. Waiting for the postman was exciting and it always made my day if there was a letter from one of my pen-pals.
    I do wonder how different the world would be if the mobile phone had never been invented. You only have to go to a restaurant or bar and see how instead of talking to each other and enjoying the time, most people have their heads down looking at a screen. The art of conversation is dying, but your audio clips keep it alive.

• January 16, 2019 at 7:52 am

Why thank you, dear Hugh! It certainly makes one wonder about the world without smartphones, doesn’t it? I noticed that too, and I think about people using the phones when they have ‘real’ people in front of them. Are we turning into a culture of robots? LOL Ah, bless! That is so thoughtful of you to say; thank you! I really do enjoy good conversation and, like you, I love getting letters. Now, my handwriting has never been very good (I blame it on being left-handed which is only an excuse!) but taking the time to hand-write a letter is not only enjoyable, but I think others like to receive them. Thanks so much, Hugh! Cher xo

Viking Girl Adventures

To adventure is to live

Dr. Eric Perry, PhD

Psychology to Motivate | Inspire | Uplift

Saying Nothing in Particular

But happily ... JT Twissel aka Jan

Soul Writings

Our stories are gifts, and they need to be shared

Stories of ecstasy

Waiting On The Path of Happiness

Bryan Lunsford

A Site For Short-Stories

Boomer Eco Crusader

Helping you save time, money and the environment

JustCallMeTaco

Anxiety, Pain, Self-Harm, Addiction, and Reality

Rereading Jane Eyre

Author Luccia Gray

thoughts and entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.