Macy’s Christmas Window Display: Santa & Mrs. Claus

*** There is a short recording to accompany today’s post located just above this note!

This is one of the window displays at Macy’s this holiday season.  It is such an adorable display!  The heart behind Santa and Mrs. Claus changes color, while the light box to the left displays very important information; that is, has someone been Naughty, Nice, Merry, Jolly, or Ho-Hum.  I find that last one rather interesting!  I’d hate to be considered “Ho-Hum” on Santa’s list!

I hope you have a ‘non-Ho-Hum’ day! 🙂

18 comments for “Macy’s Christmas Window Display: Santa & Mrs. Claus

1. December 4, 2018 at 9:41 am

Ah, Cher, so beautiful! Love Macy’s window at Christmas! xo

2. December 4, 2018 at 10:08 am

I’m happy to see that Macy’s is continuing the Field’s tradition of decking out the windows at Christmas. They always had the best windows. Carson’s did, too, but I understand that Carson’s is no more…

I forgot that they reopened State Street to traffic. For a long time only buses could drive on it, starting in the late ’70’s. They were hoping that people could feel free to cross the streets without being hit by a car, but the buses were just as dangerous.

• December 4, 2018 at 12:51 pm

I must confess that I didn’t know Field’s started the tradition, John! Now, I think there is a Carson’s somewhere in the city, now that I think of it. Really, John? I cannot even fathom State Street as anything but busy! However, I much prefer it to Michigan Avenue!! Yikes! Cher xo

• December 6, 2018 at 4:05 pm

I heard that Bon Ton Stores, which was Carson’s final owner, went belly-up and that all the stores had closed. Just one more store that used to be on State Street that has vanished, along with Wieboldt’s, Sears (I think the library took over the building), Goldblatt’s, Baskin’s, Lytton’s, Chas. A Stevens…

• December 7, 2018 at 11:36 am

Yes, I heard about the Bon Ton too, John. Now I’ve never heard of Wieboldt’s! Actually, the other stores you mentioned (besides Sears) are also names I’ve never heard before. State Street sure must look very different than it once did! Cher xo

3. December 4, 2018 at 2:39 pm

There is truly one window more beautiful than the other!

4. December 7, 2018 at 12:44 pm

Love window displays this time of year.. Many thanks for sharing ❤

• December 7, 2018 at 2:28 pm

Thank you, Sue! They are such a delight, aren’t they? Cher xo

Pacific Paratrooper

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

The Yoga Cowgirl

Live fully and have fun doing so...

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time