A Chicago Tuesday Wander: West on Madison

I was in downtown Chicago earlier today and decided to go to Millenium Park and check out the Autumn leaves near, “The Bean“. Well, the leaves were still green the last time I was there, and now many of them have ‘gone with the wind’, as it were.

Suffice it to say, I was a bit disappointed.  However, I took this shot instead to show you the view from Millenium Park looking west on Madison Avenue.  I just love the old, classic buildings that flank the corner of Madison and Michigan Avenue.

There were many workers adding holiday decorations to Millenium Park; I seemed to have shown up too late for the beautiful, orange leaves, and too early for the outdoor holiday decor!  Let’s see if I can get my timing right so I can show you some of the beautiful displays the park has to offer.

Oh, and the Macy’s holiday windows as well!  I’ll be sure to get pics of this year’s display for you!

10 comments for “A Chicago Tuesday Wander: West on Madison

1. November 13, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Great set-up for a shot!

2. November 13, 2018 at 2:29 pm

At least Macy’s is continuing the tradition if decorating the windows the way Marshall Field’s had.

When I worked in the west Loop, I used to walk west on Adams to Halsted, right in the middle of Greek Town, and take the #8 bus to 47th. Aparently, that’s quite a happenin’ area now, with condos and chic restaurants opening. You ought to check it out…

• November 13, 2018 at 7:24 pm

That’s true, John! I will have to check it out for sure; thank you for the tip! Cher xo

3. November 13, 2018 at 3:06 pm

Great photo Cher, nice looking buildings. ❤️

• November 13, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Thank you, John! The building on the right is the old Montgomery Ward building! Cher xo

• November 14, 2018 at 12:42 am

Amazing! I can’t say when the last time I saw that name along the road was.

• November 14, 2018 at 7:03 am

Thank you, John! Yes, as you know, “Michigan Avenue” is one of the most famous streets in Chicago. But the streets that run perpendicular to it are sometimes not included in photos as much as they should be! Cher xo

4. November 14, 2018 at 1:41 am

Such a beautiful photo!

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Platform Number 4

Becky Ross Michael: an author's blog

An Unexpected Muse

writing ... after parkinson's

Art by Rob Goldstein

There is no common truth, but there are facts.

BlogBimmel

Aktuelles - Vordergründiges - Hintergründiges - Unergründliches - Dumm Tüch - Fotos

Crow On The Wire