A Chicago Tuesday Wander: West on Madison

I was in downtown Chicago earlier today and decided to go to Millenium Park and check out the Autumn leaves near, “The Bean“. Well, the leaves were still green the last time I was there, and now many of them have ‘gone with the wind’, as it were.

Suffice it to say, I was a bit disappointed.  However, I took this shot instead to show you the view from Millenium Park looking west on Madison Avenue.  I just love the old, classic buildings that flank the corner of Madison and Michigan Avenue.

There were many workers adding holiday decorations to Millenium Park; I seemed to have shown up too late for the beautiful, orange leaves, and too early for the outdoor holiday decor!  Let’s see if I can get my timing right so I can show you some of the beautiful displays the park has to offer.

Oh, and the Macy’s holiday windows as well!  I’ll be sure to get pics of this year’s display for you!

10 comments for “A Chicago Tuesday Wander: West on Madison

1. November 13, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Great set-up for a shot!

2. November 13, 2018 at 2:29 pm

At least Macy’s is continuing the tradition if decorating the windows the way Marshall Field’s had.

When I worked in the west Loop, I used to walk west on Adams to Halsted, right in the middle of Greek Town, and take the #8 bus to 47th. Aparently, that’s quite a happenin’ area now, with condos and chic restaurants opening. You ought to check it out…

• November 13, 2018 at 7:24 pm

That’s true, John! I will have to check it out for sure; thank you for the tip! Cher xo

3. November 13, 2018 at 3:06 pm

Great photo Cher, nice looking buildings. ❤️

• November 13, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Thank you, John! The building on the right is the old Montgomery Ward building! Cher xo

• November 14, 2018 at 12:42 am

Amazing! I can’t say when the last time I saw that name along the road was.

• November 14, 2018 at 7:03 am

Thank you, John! Yes, as you know, “Michigan Avenue” is one of the most famous streets in Chicago. But the streets that run perpendicular to it are sometimes not included in photos as much as they should be! Cher xo

4. November 14, 2018 at 1:41 am

Such a beautiful photo!

Boomer Eco Crusader

Saving the environment one small change at a time

JustCallMeTaco

Anxiety, Pain, Self-Harm, Addiction, and Reality

Rereading Jane Eyre

Author Luccia Gray

thoughts and entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Ritu Bhathal

Author, Poet, Storyteller

Take It Or Leave It

The Modern Revolution Of American Patriots.

Dreams in Young Flourish

Diamonds, diamonds and stars

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.