Tuesday’s Sunrise: Distant Ship

Although it is practically impossible to see it, there is a ship that is sailing out on the horizon, right in front of the sunrise.

Oh how I wish I was able to get a picture close enough for you to see what I saw!  It was magical!  The sun was slowly rising, and I could see the smoke/steam (or what appeared to be) coming from the back of the ship as it sailed past the sun.

The song that comes to mind with this very sight is Pink Floyd’s, “Comfortably Numb”:

A distant ship’s smoke on the horizon……….

Can you imagine what that must look like for those on the ship?  I sometimes wonder why people would want a career sailing the Great Lakes with what can only be described a litany of nasty weather at this time of year.  However, when a ship safely begins to careen past a sunrise, I’m sure the crew must say, “This is why what we do makes it all worthwhile.”

Well, perhaps they don’t say that at all!  But I think I would.

I hope your day is smooth sailing!

22 comments for “Tuesday’s Sunrise: Distant Ship

1. October 30, 2018 at 8:30 am

I agree totally! I can see the ship and wow what a view!

2. October 30, 2018 at 8:59 am

I see the ship, just a speck against a beautiful sunrise. ❤️🙏🏻👌🏻

• October 30, 2018 at 9:02 am

You can see it too, eh John? Cher xo

• October 30, 2018 at 11:54 am

Oh yes, my eye doctor says I have 20/40 vision. ❤️

• October 30, 2018 at 11:56 am

😊💜

3. October 30, 2018 at 10:23 am

Great photo! I used to wonder the same thing about workers on freighters that would pass by my house on the river in Sault Ste. Marie. I always HOPED that they were actually looking at the wonders of nature, on occasion, and that they hadn’t become immune from so many hours spent out there.

• October 30, 2018 at 11:10 am

Thank you, Becky! Yes, I would wonder that too! I bet it was beautiful on the river in the Soo! I think if they became immune to it, then it’s time to seek other employment! *grin* 😉 Cher xo

4. October 30, 2018 at 3:36 pm

Beautiful view Cher 🙂

5. October 30, 2018 at 3:36 pm

Wow, that ship is truly sailing into the new day. I can see it right in the dawning sun. Beautiful!

• October 30, 2018 at 8:24 pm

Isn’t that something? I love how you described it, Erika! Thank you! Cher xo

6. October 31, 2018 at 12:36 am

Fabulous sky! I see the whisp of steam (or smoke?) barely visible, I had to zoom in for that! I always think about the ship with its wares aboard, bound for distant shores. The people aboard, what is their role on the voyage? Making another Land their Home? A romantic imagination I have; perhaps, a young sailor going home to his fiancé after 6 months at sea, serving for his Country. ThankYou so much for sharing God’s wonderful masterpiece!
    Cheers!

• October 31, 2018 at 8:38 am

Hi there, my dear! What a fantastic description! I absolutely love it! I think it would make a lovely story you could write! I bet it would be amazing! Thank YOU my dear Quiche!! Cher xo

• October 31, 2018 at 9:42 am

Thanks Cher! I think Stephen Spielberg has the edge on that story! 😄

• October 31, 2018 at 9:46 am

*grin* I know you are an awesome writer though! 🤗💜 Cher xo

Everyday Lillie

Food, DIY, Canadian Travel, Conversations

Amarela Space

I'm just another dreamer...

Akwafrigeria

Truth to Light

ATFK

𝖠𝗇𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖶𝗈𝗋𝖽𝖯𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌.𝖼𝗈𝗆 𝗌𝗂𝗍𝖾.

Short Prose

Poetry and Prose by Gabriela Marie Milton #1 Amazon Bestselling Poet & Editor, Award Winning Author, Pushcart Prize Nominee

Roth Poetry