California Dreamin’

I took this picture earlier this year when I was in California.  The weather has been so incredibly humid here in Chicago that I find myself dreaming of the near-perfect California weather!

It wasn’t until I cropped this pic for my post that I noticed the orange trees on the right-hand side.  I was so fixated on the hills in the background that I didn’t even notice the oranges!  Speaking of which, have you ever had a fresh, California orange?  I swear, I couldn’t believe that oranges were supposed to taste like that!  In fact, the first time I had one I ate another one right away!  There is something incredibly satisfying about eating fresh fruit at the source!

I hope your Tuesday is filled with moments as lovely as the California sunshine!

6 comments for “California Dreamin’

1. Annie Van Es
    August 7, 2018 at 10:18 am

O what is it there wonderful. I think the oranges are directly from the trees, more delicious. And the green is there still green. Here in Holland the grass is more yellow. We have not had such a summer. We have had many weeks with tropical heat. Thank you for this beautiful view.

• August 7, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Hi Annie! How are you doing? I love fruit directly from trees too! It is still hot in Holland? I’m so sorry you are still getting such bad weather. I hope it cools down soon! Thank you, Annie! Cher xo

2. August 7, 2018 at 10:59 am

You have me dreaming of Cali now – the oranges, the avocados, the cheese (yummers), the wine – oh my goodness 🙂 Happy Day – Enjoy!

• August 7, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Ah, yes! Oh my goodness indeed!! 🙂 Happy Day to you too my dear! Cher xo

3. Ashley's Blog
    August 22, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Thanks for sharing!!! I love it!

• August 22, 2018 at 6:46 pm

Hi Ashley! Why thank you so much! Huge welcome to The Chicago Files! Cher xo

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time

Nature And Photography