Thursday Clouds over Lake Michigan: Shape Shifters

When I looked out of the window early this morning, I saw the clouds patterned in such an interesting way!  They appeared as small clouds stacked on top of one another, almost in a spiral shape.  I just caught the end of this sky painting, as within minutes the clouds begun to shape shift, and the pattern was gone.

I am curious as to what type of clouds these are; can you see that they look as if there are smaller clouds seemingly ‘bunched’ together in the background?

I hope you have a day filled with lots of magical moments!

10 comments for “Thursday Clouds over Lake Michigan: Shape Shifters

1. July 26, 2018 at 7:42 am

Stratocumulus would be my guess, but then it’s been 40 years since 5th grade science class so that’s maybe not an expert opinion.

Liked by 2 people

• July 26, 2018 at 7:45 am

Good morning! Well your guess is definitely better than mine! LOL I can’t remember what they are called either! You may be right! Thank you for your comments!! Cher xo

• July 26, 2018 at 11:03 am

That’s my guess too!

Liked by 2 people

• July 26, 2018 at 12:49 pm

I check with Chris Murphy, Meteorologist from Canada’s, “The Weather Network”; he did say it was tougher to tell from the photo, but he thinks you are correct! Stratocumulus wins! Cher xo

2. July 26, 2018 at 7:54 am

i have no idea, but they are beautiful and look like something is coming –

• July 26, 2018 at 7:55 am

I have no idea either, Beth! They are beautiful, aren’t they? And yes, they do look like something is coming! Thanks my dear! Cher xo

3. July 26, 2018 at 11:05 am

What a gorgeous photo, Cher… I’m pretty sure they’re stratocumulus too! 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

• July 26, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Thank you, Bette! I don’t see this type of cloud too often, and I literally look out at Lake Michigan from my window every day! Cher xo

4. July 26, 2018 at 7:25 pm

As a former Chicagoan, thought maybe the clouds were named for the mayor. Maybe Rahm or Emanuel clouds!

• July 26, 2018 at 8:03 pm

*LOL* Well Don, I think perhaps a few years ago Rahm would have a cloud named after him……Today, I’m not so sure! Thank you, Don! Cher xo

Akwafrigeria

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."