Thursday Clouds over Lake Michigan: Shape Shifters

When I looked out of the window early this morning, I saw the clouds patterned in such an interesting way!  They appeared as small clouds stacked on top of one another, almost in a spiral shape.  I just caught the end of this sky painting, as within minutes the clouds begun to shape shift, and the pattern was gone.

I am curious as to what type of clouds these are; can you see that they look as if there are smaller clouds seemingly ‘bunched’ together in the background?

I hope you have a day filled with lots of magical moments!

10 comments for “Thursday Clouds over Lake Michigan: Shape Shifters

1. July 26, 2018 at 7:42 am

Stratocumulus would be my guess, but then it’s been 40 years since 5th grade science class so that’s maybe not an expert opinion.

Liked by 2 people

• July 26, 2018 at 7:45 am

Good morning! Well your guess is definitely better than mine! LOL I can’t remember what they are called either! You may be right! Thank you for your comments!! Cher xo

• July 26, 2018 at 11:03 am

That’s my guess too!

Liked by 2 people

• July 26, 2018 at 12:49 pm

I check with Chris Murphy, Meteorologist from Canada’s, “The Weather Network”; he did say it was tougher to tell from the photo, but he thinks you are correct! Stratocumulus wins! Cher xo

2. July 26, 2018 at 7:54 am

i have no idea, but they are beautiful and look like something is coming –

• July 26, 2018 at 7:55 am

I have no idea either, Beth! They are beautiful, aren’t they? And yes, they do look like something is coming! Thanks my dear! Cher xo

3. July 26, 2018 at 11:05 am

What a gorgeous photo, Cher… I’m pretty sure they’re stratocumulus too! 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

• July 26, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Thank you, Bette! I don’t see this type of cloud too often, and I literally look out at Lake Michigan from my window every day! Cher xo

4. July 26, 2018 at 7:25 pm

As a former Chicagoan, thought maybe the clouds were named for the mayor. Maybe Rahm or Emanuel clouds!

• July 26, 2018 at 8:03 pm

*LOL* Well Don, I think perhaps a few years ago Rahm would have a cloud named after him……Today, I’m not so sure! Thank you, Don! Cher xo

Cbridge.ca