Watching for Signs of Spring

Within the depths of my perception,

I can but only see,

A frosted pale covering, gently placed upon the boughs,

Its center protected by silence and stillness,

Within the confines of its true nature,

Biding moments joyfully exchanged for buds and blooms,

To reemerge, yet again.

— poem and photo by Cher

17 comments for “Watching for Signs of Spring

1. koolaidmoms
    February 6, 2018 at 8:44 am

Keep looking for the tiny green shoots under the bushes and blankets of snow but none yet. Sigh.

• February 6, 2018 at 8:45 am

I see I’m not the only one watching for signs of Spring! *grin* I hear you, my dear! Cher xo

2. The Militant Negro
    February 6, 2018 at 9:12 am

Reblogged this on The Militant Negro™.

3. February 6, 2018 at 10:06 am

There has been a Cardinal sighting here, and I’ve noticed the location of sunset is evidently moving north

• February 6, 2018 at 10:22 am

It’s good to know the cardinals are arriving! Cher xo

• February 6, 2018 at 10:23 am

Robins are the surest sign but they need to be able to eat worms- a fair way off I’m afraid

• February 6, 2018 at 11:52 am

Ah, yes, you are correct!

4. February 6, 2018 at 10:26 am

lovely. A snow storm is headed to New Brunswick tomorrow. I will have to look through the flakes for signs of spring.

• February 6, 2018 at 11:52 am

Oh, stay warm, Kelly! Ah, yes please do look through the flakes for signs of Spring! Thank you! Cher xo

5. February 6, 2018 at 2:37 pm

Love the way Spring’s tiny voice spoke out thru you.

• February 6, 2018 at 3:11 pm

Well thank you so much! What a lovely thing to say, Don! Gee, you just made my entire day! Cher xo

6. February 7, 2018 at 11:58 am

Beautiful, thank you!
    I hear from my Chicago daughter Elly Green (http://www.ellygreendirector.com/) that life is very cold there now, it’s quite difficult to entice people out in the cold! She has a production on at the moment, Ibsen’s Pillars of the Community at 1802 Berenice. This is Strawdog theater’s (http://www.strawdog.org/) new premises. Do look in case you or friends are theater-minded.

• February 7, 2018 at 1:42 pm

Thank you, Hilary! Why, I’m a huge theater buff! I shall check into this! Thank you so much! And yes, Elly is quite right; it is cold here (well, I must say that because I come from a VERY cold place in Canada, I dare not complain too loud)! LOL Thank you again for providing this information, Hilary! Cher xo

• February 7, 2018 at 4:07 pm

Thanks for taking a look, Cher. Chicago is a wonderful place for theatre, but we sometimes get frustrated that we cannot see her productions, except on rare visits.

• February 7, 2018 at 6:44 pm

Ah, yes, I’m sure that is very frustrated indeed, Hilary. I can just imagine. Are you planning a visit here anytime in the near future? Cher xo

7. February 10, 2018 at 10:55 am

Yes, we should be in Chicago at the beginning of June. We should have come last year, but couldn’t so it is now two years. Maybe we could meet up for a coffee? My email is threadgoldpressATgmailDOTcom.

• February 10, 2018 at 11:16 am

Brilliant, Hilary! I would absolutely love to meet up for a coffee! Thanks for your email address! I’ll email you! Cher xo

Dreams in Young Flourish

Diamonds, diamonds and stars

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Platform Number 4

Becky Ross Michael: an author's blog

An Unexpected Muse

writing ... after parkinson's

Art by Rob Goldstein

There is no common truth, but there are facts.

BlogBimmel

Aktuelles - Vordergründiges - Hintergründiges - Unergründliches - Dumm Tüch - Fotos