The Iconic, “Chicago Theatre”

There are a lot of ‘symbols’ that are associated with Chicago.  The photo above shows one of those very popular ‘signs’ (marquee).  The Chicago Theatre was built in 1921, and has hosted a plethora of phenomenal artists.  Duke Ellington, Frank Sinatra, Prince, Aretha Franklin, all performed in this iconic place.

They conduct tours of the theatre, so I’m going to take one and show you a glimpse inside this incredible building.  Apparently it’s spectacular, and will no doubt be filled with architectural designs from the 1920s.

I hope you have a lovely Friday and please stay tuned!

12 comments for “The Iconic, “Chicago Theatre”

1. October 20, 2017 at 10:19 am

We saw Johnny Rivers and Roy Orbison there. Great old theater.

• October 20, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Oh did you, John? Well after I posted this today, I actually went downtown and had a tour of the theatre! Pics to follow in a post soon! Cher xo

2. October 20, 2017 at 10:30 am

Great theater, I have seen a number of plays there.

• October 20, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Have you, William? I just took a tour of the building after I posted this today. It’s magnificent! Cher xo

• October 21, 2017 at 9:44 am

I’ve only been there as a member of the audience. I think a tour must have been marvelous. Lucky you

• October 21, 2017 at 10:21 am

They charge 15 dollars for a one-hour tour, William. It was brilliant! I took pictures although I must say the lighting wasn’t very conducive to great pictures! Cher xo

• October 21, 2017 at 11:43 am

Next time I’m in Chicago I will have to look into that tour. Thank you for the info.

• October 21, 2017 at 11:46 am

Oh yes, you will absolutely love it! I’ll be posting ‘inside’ pics soon! Thank you, William! Cher xo

3. October 20, 2017 at 11:34 am

A famous theatre. THANK you, for this photo Now I have a sight in Chicago. I want learn to know villages , towns and their surroundings. A nice weekend. A beautiful photo.

• October 20, 2017 at 7:09 pm

Oh you are so welcome my dear! I will have more pictures soon! I went and took a tour this afternoon of the inside! You will love the pics! Have a nice weekend too! Thank you! Cher xo

Pacific Paratrooper

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

The Yoga Cowgirl

Live fully and have fun doing so...

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time