The Friday File: Floating “V” Clouds

Well this was a lovely sight to behold this morning! The clouds appeared in somewhat of a “V” formation for a few minutes.  At least that is what my eyes saw.  However, as Chris Murphy from Canada’s, “The Weather Network” pointed out a few weeks ago when I interviewed him, the weather can change very quickly.  I thought about that this morning, as this formation of clouds literally changed in front of my eyes, only to be replaced by a gray, brooding sky.

Do you notice a bit of darkness on a couple of the “V” clouds to the top and right of the photo?  They remind me of light bulbs; you know, the energy-efficient type with the corkscrew type pattern.  I’ve always been fascinated by clouds, the patterns they make, and the shapes that seem to literally appear out of nowhere.

Is there anything in this photo that catches your eye up in the sky?

**Update:  Please see Chris’s response in the comments section.  It looks as if Chicago and Toronto are in for a rainy, windy weekend (changing weather indeed, Chris)!

8 comments for “The Friday File: Floating “V” Clouds

1. Chris Murphy
    April 28, 2017 at 8:16 am

Great picture, Cher…and you are correct to enjoy the beauty because not only can the weather change quickly, but for Chicago, it WILL change. A rainy weekend for the Windy City as a juicy system from Texas creeps northwards. We’re not immune in Toronto, Ontario either. On Sunday, we’re going to have an east wind that will be about as pleasant as a root canal without the laughing gas! All from the same system that just wants to keep on giving!

• April 28, 2017 at 8:27 am

Hi Chris! Why thank you; um, for the picture compliment, not the weather coming our way! *LOL* So the Windy City is in for a change of weather scenery…..Ah, Toronto as well. Now, about that root canal sans laughing gas…….That system needs to stop being so generous, doesn’t it? Methinks this is a batten down the hatches kind of weekend across our area and yours! Thank you for the weather report, Chris! I’ll be ready for the umbrella to turn inside-out! Hahaha!

2. Amy
    April 28, 2017 at 8:23 am

A fascinating, beautiful capture, Cher! 🙂

3. April 28, 2017 at 9:08 am

Great photo Chere. I watch The Weather Channel often, yesterday had a bunch of sever storms moving your way. Those high efficiency bulbs are great but the odd thing is they have Mercury in them. That’s “green”? Hmmm

• April 28, 2017 at 9:11 am

Thank you, John! Yes, as you can see by Chris Murphy’s comment, we are definitely in for some ‘interesting’ weather! BAH!! Now I did not know that about the light bulbs, John! Indeed, that is far from ‘green’!

• April 28, 2017 at 9:38 am

A bit hypocritical isn’t it….

• April 28, 2017 at 9:47 am

It most certainly is, John. Why would they be called ‘energy efficient’ then?

Pacific Paratrooper

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

The Yoga Cowgirl

Live fully and have fun doing so...

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time