More Wave Action on Lake Michigan!

Yesterday I posted a picture of the white-capped water of Lake Michigan:  “Wind-Blown Lake Michigan” Today is a close-up of a wave that I caught just as it was about to crash.  Do you see the ‘solid’-looking part? It was sheer luck on my part to ‘catch the wave’, as it were!  The only thing that is disappointing is that normally our beautiful Lake Michigan is blue; with the extreme wind yesterday whipping up the sandy bottom, the waves are brown.  Ah, but I think you get the picture, don’t you?

15 comments for “More Wave Action on Lake Michigan!

1. April 8, 2017 at 3:21 pm

I love pictures like this where you can see droplets flying into the air.

• April 8, 2017 at 3:23 pm

Me too, Phil! It doesn’t happen very often on Lake Michigan so I wanted to take advantage of getting some spray shots! Cher xo

2. April 8, 2017 at 3:34 pm

When I was a teenager I would take the North Avenue bus down to the Outer Drive (I hung out at the North Avenue rocks) and watch the waves crash OVER the Drive and almost make it to where I was standing. They had to close the Drive, the waves were so huge. I’m happy I did that because it’s something I’ll always remember and it was fantastic.

• April 8, 2017 at 5:54 pm

That is so cool! It’s amazing how far reaching these huge waves can get! And across the Drive! Wow!! Thanks so much for sharing that! I’m trying to picture it and wowsers! What a sight that must have been! Cher xo

3. April 8, 2017 at 5:57 pm

My family and I used to visit “Mount Baldy” in the Indiana Dunes on the lakeshore. I had a great time stirring up all the pigeons that would flock at the top of the dune.

• April 8, 2017 at 6:33 pm

Ah, that sounds like great fun! Mount Baldy is a place I’d like to visit! Isn’t the lakeshore beautiful practically everywhere? The dunes and the water….sounds wonderful! Cher 🙂

4. April 9, 2017 at 5:55 am

That’s great how you caught the wave. I always try to catch the crashing of waves when I am in California and know how difficult it is to catch the perfect moment!

• April 9, 2017 at 12:22 pm

Ah, it was sheer and utter luck on my part, my dear! I took A LOT of shots before I got this one! *LOL* Yes, California waves are the best but difficult to catch! Cher xo

• April 9, 2017 at 1:13 pm

A lot of luck for sure. It is about that one moment. And once you start, you try it over and over again because there is always another wave… lol

• April 9, 2017 at 1:14 pm

That’s exactly it, Erika! *LOL*

• April 9, 2017 at 1:16 pm

😄😄

5. April 9, 2017 at 4:40 pm

I used to spend my summers swimming in Lake Michigan, off The Point in Hyde Park. Those were the days, my friend, endless days of swimming and biking.

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Platform Number 4

Becky Ross Michael: an author's blog

An Unexpected Muse

writing ... after parkinson's

Art by Rob Goldstein

There is no common truth, but there are facts.

BlogBimmel

Aktuelles - Vordergründiges - Hintergründiges - Unergründliches - Dumm Tüch - Fotos

Crow On The Wire