Frank Lloyd Wright Series: Prairie Style Stained Glass Windows

Frank Lloyd Wright Prairie Style Windows

Continuing with our Frank Lloyd Wright series, here is a beautiful front ledge and window adorning Frank Lloyd Wright’s Oak Park home.  Note the lovely pattern the sun makes on the window sill.  I absolutely love these windows!!  The window sill is very deep, something you don’t see that often anymore. Shame, really; I could see how a cat or two would be in pure bliss sunning on this ‘pussy cat patio’! 🙂

11 comments for “Frank Lloyd Wright Series: Prairie Style Stained Glass Windows

1. April 30, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Old design, so modern. Gorgeous!

• April 30, 2016 at 7:36 pm

John, I feel the exact same way! Old design that is so modern. It’s as if FLW was some sort of a time traveler! Cher xo

2. April 30, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Nice shot!

3. May 3, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Cher, the first thing that struck me is the gorgeous leaded glass windows! I LOVE leaded glass anything, and these are a wonderful example.

• May 3, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Oh me too, Carol! Isn’t it beautiful!! Cher xo

4. May 4, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Nice window picture. I have never seen a window ledge quite that deep before, you could fit it with a nice little mattress sized cushion and you’d be sleeping just like the Cat !!!

• May 5, 2016 at 7:15 am

Hi dearie! You know, I was thinking the same thing when I saw it! It’s so deep! Ah yes, wouldn’t it be nice to do that? Cher xo

5. Erin P.
    November 27, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Really nice design. Also, I can see three practical reasons for, at least this, window design: 1) It hides window dirt. Who would want one of their masterpieces compromised by dirty windows. 2) Natural sunlight reflects off the sill into the room. And 3) He may be utilizing a bit of passive solar energy.

• November 27, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Well I love your thoughts about this! He most definitely was ahead of his time, so I am sure you are in line with what FLW had in mind!! Thanks so much for your insightful ideas! Cher xo

Tranature

quiet moments in nature

Pacific Paratrooper

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

The Yoga Cowgirl

Live fully and have fun doing so...

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell