Frank Lloyd Wright Series: Prairie Style Stained Glass Windows

Frank Lloyd Wright Prairie Style Windows

Continuing with our Frank Lloyd Wright series, here is a beautiful front ledge and window adorning Frank Lloyd Wright’s Oak Park home.  Note the lovely pattern the sun makes on the window sill.  I absolutely love these windows!!  The window sill is very deep, something you don’t see that often anymore. Shame, really; I could see how a cat or two would be in pure bliss sunning on this ‘pussy cat patio’! 🙂

11 comments for “Frank Lloyd Wright Series: Prairie Style Stained Glass Windows

1. April 30, 2016 at 6:35 pm

Old design, so modern. Gorgeous!

• April 30, 2016 at 7:36 pm

John, I feel the exact same way! Old design that is so modern. It’s as if FLW was some sort of a time traveler! Cher xo

2. April 30, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Nice shot!

3. May 3, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Cher, the first thing that struck me is the gorgeous leaded glass windows! I LOVE leaded glass anything, and these are a wonderful example.

• May 3, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Oh me too, Carol! Isn’t it beautiful!! Cher xo

4. May 4, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Nice window picture. I have never seen a window ledge quite that deep before, you could fit it with a nice little mattress sized cushion and you’d be sleeping just like the Cat !!!

• May 5, 2016 at 7:15 am

Hi dearie! You know, I was thinking the same thing when I saw it! It’s so deep! Ah yes, wouldn’t it be nice to do that? Cher xo

5. Erin P.
    November 27, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Really nice design. Also, I can see three practical reasons for, at least this, window design: 1) It hides window dirt. Who would want one of their masterpieces compromised by dirty windows. 2) Natural sunlight reflects off the sill into the room. And 3) He may be utilizing a bit of passive solar energy.

• November 27, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Well I love your thoughts about this! He most definitely was ahead of his time, so I am sure you are in line with what FLW had in mind!! Thanks so much for your insightful ideas! Cher xo

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time

Nature And Photography