21 comments for “Wordless Wednesday – Early Frank Lloyd Wright Design

1. March 23, 2016 at 9:35 am

On of my favourite architects! Despite the fact this is early, you can already see his distinctive style emerging in the shapes of the building. It would be a dream to live in one of his creations πŸ™‚

• March 23, 2016 at 9:39 am

Hi Helen! My dear, you must come to Chicago! I toured his house (where he and his family actually lived). On that same street are a number of his designs. This one is certainly unique and yes, you are right; you can see his style coming from the shapes of the building! Oh yes, I feel the same way! I must say I felt a tad bit envious while walking past these homes (knock, knock, hi, um, may I come in and stay?) *LOL* Cher xo

• March 23, 2016 at 9:46 am

I would love to come to Chicago *sighs* one day – Funny I never went there when I lived in North America. So that’s a trip to plan for the future πŸ™‚
        That tour sounds great, too…

• March 23, 2016 at 9:52 am

Yeay!! Most definitely worth the trip here! Yes, the tour is extremely interesting. I will be doing a post about it soon!! And to think that is where he lived is quite amazing; walking around the halls, looking at some of his original furniture. Some rooms have photographs with FLW and his family so you can ‘see’ them in the same room you are standing it! Love it! Cher xo

• March 23, 2016 at 10:34 am

Wow, that’s so cool – can’t wait to read your post about it, Cher πŸ™‚ x

• March 23, 2016 at 11:25 am

Thank you, Helen! I can’t wait to write about it, too! Cher xo

2. March 23, 2016 at 10:41 am

I like this! Interesting~

• March 23, 2016 at 11:26 am

I like it too, Cindy!! It is so different from the work he became famous for (Prairie Style). Cher xo

3. March 23, 2016 at 10:57 am

An architect worthy of noting for sure. Love his designs all of them!

• March 23, 2016 at 11:28 am

I agree my dear!! I do too! And talk about ahead of his time! While this particular house is more in keeping with the time period (early 20th century) his Prairie Style was completely different than the Victorian houses being built at the time. The open concept rooms as opposed to small, individual rooms was a real radical difference in the architectural world! Cher xo

• March 23, 2016 at 1:11 pm

To me most have the flavor of the prairie style in design.His creation Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York City (1959) is very modern even by standards of today.

• March 23, 2016 at 3:42 pm

And that is exactly why I love his work! It still looks “modern”! Cher xo

• March 23, 2016 at 3:52 pm

It transcends time

• March 23, 2016 at 3:53 pm

It truly does!!

4. March 23, 2016 at 12:09 pm

One of my all-time favourite architects. I will definitely look this place up the next time I get to Chicago.

• March 23, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Hi Norm!! Mine too! I will be doing a post about his home. Next time you are in Chicago will want to go to Oak Park just outside of the city. “Saint’s Row” is where his house and all these other FLW houses are located. Cher xo

5. March 24, 2016 at 7:28 am

I saw his house in Scottsdale, Arizona last year. It was interesting to say the least. πŸ™‚

• March 24, 2016 at 7:39 am

Oh yes, I want to see Taliesin West! πŸ™‚ I’m sure it was interesting, Lisa!! πŸ™‚ Cher xo

6. March 24, 2016 at 4:04 pm

We had a long and happy visit to this house a few years ago. It was stunning inside too.

• March 24, 2016 at 4:49 pm

Oh did you, Hilary? Isn’t it amazing? Cher xo

7. Mr. Militant Negro
    March 28, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Reblogged this on The Militant Negroβ„’.

Saying Nothing in Particular

But happily ... JT Twissel aka Jan

Soul Writings

Our stories are gifts, and they need to be shared

Stories of Ecstasy

Waiting On The Path of Happiness

Boomer Eco Crusader

Helping you save time, money and the environment

JustCallMeTaco

Anxiety, Pain, Self-Harm, Addiction, and Reality

Rereading Jane Eyre

Author Luccia Gray

thoughts and entanglements

A collective of poems and photos.

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Ritu Bhathal