Thursday’s Subtle Sunrise

January 21 2016

After a plethora of colorful sunrises over the past few weeks, this morning’s offering was subtle and quiet.  Can you see the ice on Lake Michigan?  The clouds created what appears to be a mountain range of sorts! Always changing, never stagnant; the sky painter delights us all with mood-capturing moments!

26 comments for “Thursday’s Subtle Sunrise

1. January 21, 2016 at 9:58 am

Subtle maybe buy so beautiful 🙂

2. January 21, 2016 at 10:02 am

One of these days, I WILL get my butt outta bed early enough to see a sunrise. Until then, thanks for sharing yours 🙂

• January 21, 2016 at 10:06 am

*LOL* *LOL* Well having the lake so close by makes it easier for me, Julia; otherwise, I’m not so sure how often I’d be awake enough to voyage to a spot for a good photo op! *LOL* Cher xo

3. January 21, 2016 at 10:28 am

A great photo of the Lake at sunrise! WOW

• January 21, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Thank you so much, Eddie!! Cher xo

4. January 21, 2016 at 10:37 am

Nice photo and as you said the sky painter has a beautiful craft making the illusion of mountains which they really do as I know that look all too well in real life. Be well my friend

• January 21, 2016 at 3:57 pm

Why thank you my dear! Yes, I’m sure being by the mountains would allow you to know exactly why I think the photo looks like them!! And to you as well; thank you! Cher xo

• January 21, 2016 at 4:09 pm

You’re welcome. It creates a beautiful illusion. The next best thing to being there. Now you can send these to your friends and say, “We have mountains here in Chicago……..show them the pic and voila a place that someone wants to visit. Too much imagination on my hand lol

• January 21, 2016 at 4:14 pm

It is a beautiful illusion!! I appreciate these imagination thoughts!! Very creative! Cher xo

5. January 21, 2016 at 11:35 am

Another beautiful sight, Cher! 🙂

6. January 21, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Lovely!

7. January 22, 2016 at 6:50 pm

I see the ice reflecting the snow. It is very pretty. I hope you are not in too much shape this evening, We got snow and I will put up pictures tomorrow. It will be gone by Sunday. I am really glad we moved south. Hugs, Barbara

• January 24, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Thank you, dear Barbara! Yes, we are very fortunate here in Chicago as we aren’t in the path of any of the huge storm-system!! I am sure you are glad you moved south, Barbara!!! That was a good idea my dear! Hugs, Cher xo

• January 25, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Well, we did get 10 inches but it was 47 degrees yesterday and today was 51 degrees. So we have a nice amount of melting now and there will probably be no snow by this time tomorrow. Hugs, Barbara

• January 25, 2016 at 7:58 pm

Wow, Barbara! That’s what I call a quick turnaround of winter! *LOL* Hugs, Cher xo

• January 25, 2016 at 8:01 pm

Well, that is why Asheville was calling my name and I am really glad I made the move. I can deal with a few days of snow. LOL It’s weeks of unending subzero temps and feet of snow that my health can’t do any more. Take care. Hugs, Barbara

• January 25, 2016 at 8:36 pm

Oh yes, I can totally understand, Barbara! Yes, a few days of snow here and there is tolerable, isn’t it? But months upon months of it? Yikes!! *LOL* You too my dear; thank you! Hugs, Cher xo

8. eths
    January 25, 2016 at 6:54 pm

I lived in the Chicago area for 45 yrs. then moved to San Francisco Area where I’ve been for 36 yrs. As a child I went to the Art Institute, Chicago Symphony, Field Museum, and the Museum of Science of Industry on a frequent basis.. I dearly love Chicago!

• January 25, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Oh did you? Well I must say I agree with you wholeheartedly my dear! It is a wonderful city and truly has an energy like no other place I’ve ever visited. If there is anything in particular you would like me to write about, by all means, please ask!! And a huge welcome to The Chicago Files!!! Cher xo

The Yoga Cowgirl

Live fully and have fun doing so...

utahan15

poetry and prose

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time