New Mexico – Wild West Moments

New Mexico from train Oct 2015

During our trip to California in October, I took this photo of a building that must be the epitome of a Spanish-style structure in New Mexico.  I must say we only saw it for a fleeting moment; the train stopped, I snapped the photo, and once again we were rolling down the rails.

Quite the structure, isn’t it?  Do you feel the way I feel when I look at this photo?  Definitely in need of upgrading and repairs, I think it looks like something out of a Western movie.  The Spanish style cutouts make me feel as if I’ve been transported back in time to an era where the “Wild West” was alive and well.

I don’t know what this structure is, but it was a rather interesting building to create a time-stir!!

28 comments for “New Mexico – Wild West Moments

1. December 15, 2015 at 11:00 am

41 who the hell was counting. Beautiful old building. I could easily turn this into a home…watch my magic. Still hungover from your Christmas party. Thanks a lot eh!! lol

2. December 15, 2015 at 11:05 am

Dare I say that the building looks haunted to me, Cher. Good job you were not in front of it for too long 👻

3. December 15, 2015 at 1:58 pm

Western movie! That is a good thought! Where did you see it?

• December 16, 2015 at 10:12 am

Thanks, Erika! It was in New Mexico, but I am trying to remember which train stop! There were so many! I’ll try and find out! Cher xo

• December 16, 2015 at 10:26 am

I love those buildings. But as you say it is a shame that it is not better taken care of.

• December 16, 2015 at 10:37 am

I do too, Erika! I always feel bad when I see a lovely building not taken care of!!

4. December 15, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Is this on the railway? It his looks familiar to me. I think we had a ‘smoking stop’ there for the train staff.

• December 16, 2015 at 10:13 am

Hi Hilary, yes as a matter of fact, it is! You took the Southwest Chief, didn’t you? It is in New Mexico along that route. I
      will try and find out which stop it was. You may have stopped right there! Cher xo

5. December 16, 2015 at 5:46 pm

I love buildings like this. Whenever I see them, I find myself trying to imagine what they might have looked like when first built, in the context of what the surrounding area would have been like at the time.

• December 16, 2015 at 5:55 pm

I do the exact same thing! It is wonderful to to and picture what it looked like, what was around it, and who was in it!! Cher xo

6. December 16, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Gorgeous. Fell in love with New Mexico. Almost moved there to Albequerque!

7. December 16, 2015 at 8:52 pm

Love it. Fell in love with New Mexico many years ago. Almost moved to Albuquerque.

• December 16, 2015 at 9:05 pm

Oh did you, Carol? We stopped in Albuquerque! Cloudless sky! It is a beautiful state, isn’t it? Cher xo

8. December 18, 2015 at 11:43 am

It is funny, that you call this Spanish style Cher. People here in Spain use to call it Marrocean style 🙂

• December 18, 2015 at 2:18 pm

*LOL* Yes, I think it’s a North American thing, Irene! *LOL* Cher xo

SOUTHERN WRITER

This blog is all about writing and will also feature my poetry!

Ritu Bhathal

Author, Poet, Storyteller

Take It Or Leave It

The Modern Revolution Of American Patriots.

Dreams in Young Flourish

Diamonds, diamonds and stars

Ed Mooney Photography

The official blog of Ed Mooney Photography. Dad of 3, Photographer, Martial Artist, Gym Rat & Blogger. Exploring the historical sites of Ireland.

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Platform Number 4