The Friday File – You ARE a good man, Charlie Brown!

Macy's Window Charlie Brown Dec 2015

The above photo is that of another of Macy’s holiday windows.  Due to the recent release of, “The Peanuts Movie”, Macy’s has decorated several of their windows in good ‘ol Charlie Brown style.

I have always felt sorry for Charlie Brown; even as a child when watching the cartoons I always had hope he’d win at something!!  I see Lucy’s fee for “Psychiatric Help” has not increased over the decades.  That’s saying something, I suppose!

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

8 comments for “The Friday File – You ARE a good man, Charlie Brown!

1. November 27, 2015 at 4:11 pm

If you look really close you can see things in the window’s reflection like buildings and cars. Ok I’m going to Lucy right now but considering she has raised her fees in many decades then I should get a discount as I’m the only one other than Charlie Brown that has gone to her and will go to her or I can keep the imagination alive….It’s free LOL

• November 27, 2015 at 4:59 pm

You are correct about the reflection, my dear! The windows at Macy’s are almost impossible to photograph without the ‘background’! *LOL* Yes, you most definitely should get a discount! Free does sound good, doesn’t it? 😉 Cher xo

2. November 28, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Charlie Brown: I had absolutely no idea who he was, never heard his name, I was 12 years old at the time. Being a totally new “North American” girl, I was awed at how many people liked a bald little kid and a dog. Who knew!! Over the years Charlie Brown has become associated with Christmas for me here in Canada like Egg-Nog and Short Bread, Pumpkin pie and Stuffing!! I can hardly wait to see the movie! Thanks for releasing my inner-child today!! LOL. (or hardly wait to hug YOU!)

• November 28, 2015 at 1:40 pm

Hi dearie! Oh yes, I guess it would have been completely ‘foreign’ to you (pun intended) regarding our good ‘ol Charlie Brown! But yes, I also associate him with Christmas!! Awh, bless! Right back at you, Our Quiche!! Thank you for your lovely comments! Cher xo

3. November 28, 2015 at 4:53 pm

Lucy does occasionally charge a winter rate of 7 cents, actually. She has to do something to put up with sitting out in the snow all day.

• November 28, 2015 at 5:07 pm