Say Hello, LA!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A couple of weeks ago I posted a photo from our recent trip to California noting the infamous, “Hollywood” sign.  Here is another shot from the Hollywood Hills looking over at the City of Los Angeles.  Quite a lovely scene!  But I must say, our Chicago skyline cannot be rivaled (at least, in my humble, CanAmera opinion)! Walking in the Hollywood Hills was quite the challenge for yours truly.  “Hills” is putting it mildly! My goodness, coming from the flat, Canadian Prairie land to flat Chicago, and then attempting to traipse up THESE hills? Why couldn’t they have, “Hollywood Flatstones” or something of that nature! *grin*

11 comments for “Say Hello, LA!

1. November 22, 2015 at 2:07 pm

OMG you caught LA on a clear day. Santa Anna winds? My memory of landing in LA for the first time would be 30 something odd years ago. I was greeted with a thick orange haze over LA. I remember being a passenger in my friends car and my eyes began to water. I couldn’t understand it and my friend told me it is probably all the exhaust fumes. I never forgot that. I thought it would be much worse today.

• November 22, 2015 at 2:12 pm

It’s actually much, much better from what I am told. California has done an extremely great job at clearing up pollution via strict emission standards. Clear days like this are actually the norm now. Wow, it would have been horrible to experience that pollution you mentioned. Cher xo

• November 22, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Yes it was horrible and a turn off of returning. I have been there 3 times and I’ve seen Los Angeles those 3 times. I don’t have a need to return although I do love Longbeach but I’m thinking that has been built up quite a bit from when the last time I was there. Thanks for the memories and I am glad they have strict emissions in place. That orange was gross.

• November 22, 2015 at 3:51 pm

I completely understand what you are saying. It would be off-putting for sure. No orange substances floating around (at least not what I could see)! Yes, California has done some incredible work helping make it a much, much cleaner place. Me too! I love Long Beach!! Cher xo

2. November 22, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Chicago’s skyline is one of the best, if not THE best, in the world. Problem is that most of us who live (or in my case lived) in Chicago live and work among the buildings that are part of it, and hardly ever see the panorama.

• November 22, 2015 at 2:13 pm

I agree with you, John. Did you see my post in the summer showing Chicago from the Willis Tower? I think the best way to get a true sense of the skyline is from Willis Tower. It’s a wonderful skyline, isn’t it? Cher xo

3. November 22, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Awh….. 😍😍😍

4. November 23, 2015 at 5:51 pm

Thanks for sharing . I had no idea California was so bad for smog pollution! Esp.when they boast “fitness” & health! Beauty photos!

• November 23, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Hi dearie, it’s not like that anymore thank goodness! They’ve done a really good job at cleaning up car pollution with very strict regulations on car emissions, but I think ‘back in the day’ it was smog city!!! Thanks, my dearie! Cher xoxo

Cbridge.ca