Tranquil Tuesday: Chicago’s Lincoln Park

Lincoln Park Conservatory - 2

What a fine-looking place is our Lincoln Park!  I took this photo last summer when the flowers and plants were at their peak of perfection!  The large, unusually shaped building you see in the background is the Lincoln Park Conservatory.  Do you recall a post quite some time ago with lovely poinsettias and a model train meandering in their midst?  Those photos were taken at the Lincoln Park Conservatory.  There are always events, displays, and permanent exhibits to see at the conservatory; and it’s free!

This is such a wonderful park to take a stroll, picnic, read, and relax.  The park is adjacent to the Lincoln Park Zoo.  I do love the atmosphere at the park.  A vast city like Chicago is fortunate to have such spaces; it helps when the hustle and bustle of the city requires you to recharge your batteries now and again.  I find this works wonders in a surrounding of green, lush, and thriving foliage.

Lincoln Park Conservatory 2

Here is another angle of the park.  You can see the tall buildings in the background; once again, the juxtaposition I see in Chicago makes it all that more interesting, don’t you think?

16 comments for “Tranquil Tuesday: Chicago’s Lincoln Park

1. April 21, 2015 at 12:07 pm

That looks like a gorgeous spot to watch on warm summer’s evening, Cher. This gives me hope as I listen to the wind and rain. 🙂
    Hope this day is being good to you. All the best. Big hugs, Donna xo

• April 21, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Hi Donna! Oh yes, this is another one of my favorite places here in Chicago. I think I needed some inspiration today, as it’s VERY windy and primarily cloudy (oh, and I did I mention “cool” today as well?) Ah, thanks my dear! You as well! Big hugs, Cher xo

2. April 21, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Beautiful gardens!

• April 21, 2015 at 1:47 pm

They really are! For being in such a huge city, we are fortunate for that!! Cher xo

3. April 21, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Beautiful!

• April 21, 2015 at 2:41 pm

You’d love it, Cindy! Lots of places to take great photos! Cher xo

4. April 21, 2015 at 4:13 pm

One of the good things about major cities is they can have gorgeous parks like that and keep them comfortably accessible to so many people.

• April 21, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Yes, that is very true, Joseph. We are lucky that is the case here in Chicago. Cher xo

5. April 21, 2015 at 7:37 pm

I rather like the park setting in a downtown core area to experience the “community” in the City. Really nice looking public areas, to enjoy whats outside. Special note: I really like the “BEAN” posting! Many gratitudes!

• April 21, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Hi my dear! Yes, it really does add a lot to a downtown experience. It’s an incredible city from skyscrapers to park areas! Oh thank you! Yes, the bean is a huge *literally* tourist attraction!! Cher xo

6. April 22, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Lincoln Park looks lovely! I would like to relax there with a book. Do you want to join me, Cher?! 🙂

• April 22, 2015 at 12:39 pm

Absolutely, Christy! In fact, I just picked up a new book at Barnes & Noble about 20 minutes ago!! Cher xo

• April 23, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Okay, perfect! I love new reads, new books 🙂 Have a wonderful day, Cher!!

• April 23, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Me too, Christy! And to you as well! Please feel free to suggest any great books you come across; I love all types of genres! Cher xo

7. May 3, 2015 at 9:49 am

oh, what a perfect spot, and a perfect day, judging by those shots….which are stunning by the way 🙂

I always enjoy your blog Cher, a bit of bloggy beauty is often just what the doctor ordered 🙂 x

• May 3, 2015 at 9:51 am

Well how sweet are you!!!! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! We are extremely fortunate here in Chicago to have amazing surroundings! I’ve got more to post soon!! Cher xo

Writing and Illustrating