Requesting Your Requests!!

blog-topics

– image courtesy of http://www.socialfresh.com

I thought I’d take a line from Monty Python fame and declare, “And now for something completely different.”

I would like to introduce a new series entitled, “Requesting Your Requests”.  Is there something you would like me to write a post about?  Perhaps there is a Chicago feature/place/idea/pizza (you know pizza has to be in there due to our strict Chicago deep-dish pizza laws – *grin*) you’ve heard about, and just have to know more! Or, you could make something up and see what I do with it!

What do you think?  I would absolutely love to hear your ideas, suggestions, comments, and questions! The comment section is open!  Thank you, everyone!

58 comments for “Requesting Your Requests!!

1. April 9, 2015 at 12:02 pm

I love seeing new places, so, to be honest, anything about Chicago city would be interesting for me, as I’ve never been there 🙂

2. April 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Have you done anything on Navy Pier? Has it changed any of late? Also, most people would probably find the underground walkway from Millennium Station to the Daley Plaza interesting. After all, famous movies were shot at both ends. 🙂

Speaking of which, maybe a Chicago Movie Landmark post would be good . . .

• April 9, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Hi Cassidy! Recently I have only posted about Navy Pier regarding the Odyssey cruise I’ll be taking in a few weeks; it starts from Navy Pier. What fantastic suggestions! I love every one of them! Thank you, Cassidy! *big grin of appreciation* Cher xo

3. April 9, 2015 at 12:19 pm

One of former relatives (by marriage) lived in a condo. The only thing I remember about it was that the location was south of Chicago. At the end of the condo was a fence. I looked over the fence to see a mine that looked about a mile deep straight down. I always wondered about the wisdom of having a place built that close to the edge and hoped no children lived in the area. I can’t remember the name of the city, but the only way you could tell it wasn’t Chicago was the sign.

Could you tell us a little bit about that mine?

• April 9, 2015 at 12:22 pm

Wow, I will do some research about this mine. Yes, I sure will! Thank you for your comments (and for me personally it is a, “You learn something new everyday” moment!) Cher xo 🙂

4. April 9, 2015 at 12:21 pm

I can’t think of anything specifically, my Chicago experiences are the alternative band scene kind, many years ago…but I love pizza and I love your photos and posts of everything…more history? I love history. 🙂

• April 9, 2015 at 12:24 pm

Absolutely, Donna! Actually, I will see if I can find out about the alternative band scene here in addition to pizza, history, and more history! Thank you so much for your comments!! Cher xo

5. April 9, 2015 at 12:31 pm

My mother just sent me an email to ‘request a request’; she would like to hear about Mr. Walgreen who was from Chicago. Mr. Walgreen started the drugstore chain, “Walgreens” (but you already knew that, didn’t you?). The business started over 100 years ago. There are no Walgreens stores in Canada, but they sure are popular here in the US! Sure thing, Mom! Love, Cher xo

6. April 9, 2015 at 12:52 pm

You mentioned Pizza – suggested unusual vegetarian options please 🙂 A little something about your rail network would be nice too… Thanks for asking! Any questions about London you want to ask me?

• April 9, 2015 at 12:57 pm

Ah, brilliant! Thank you for your ideas, and I shall be happy to oblige! Yes, London is a place I would utterly love to visit some day! I would like to know if there are restaurants that only the locals know about; off the beaten tourist path? Thank you!! Cher xo

• April 9, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Restaurants… Think I might just be able to assist there! Give me a week or so to respond as a post 🙂

• April 9, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Terrific! Thank you so much! I’ll look forward to it! Cher xo

7. April 9, 2015 at 12:57 pm

I’d like a post about when Winter is expected to end. Please make it accurate.

• April 9, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Hi Austin!! Hhhmmm, okay, I will pay a visit to the Chicago Crystal WeatherBall & get back to you!! 😉 Oh no, do you still have snow? 😦 Cher xo

• April 9, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Yes, I posted more photos a little while ago. It never stops snowing here!!!!

• April 9, 2015 at 1:04 pm

I’m going to take a look at your photos! Meh to the snow!! I can’t believe I am from Canada; I hate snow and I’d take L.A. weather any day! 😉

• April 9, 2015 at 1:06 pm

No more snow!!!!

• April 9, 2015 at 1:11 pm

Agreed!!!

8. April 9, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Reblogged this on georgeforfun.

9. April 9, 2015 at 1:49 pm

Deep dish pizza! 😄😄

10. Sandy Pereira
    April 9, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Most definitely cuisine! Also – what’s up with the Bean?

• April 9, 2015 at 2:26 pm

You’ve got it, Sandy! Do you mean what is it? Cher xo

11. April 9, 2015 at 4:07 pm

I’m not sure if you write flash fiction, Cher, but if you do I was wondering if you would write a piece entitled “The Windy City”, which of course had the setting of Chicago, and to include at least three photos of different parts of the city.

• April 9, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Hi Hugh! I haven’t written fiction in quite some time; however, I certainly would love to work on something again. Would you like me to try, Hugh? Cher xo

• April 13, 2015 at 2:58 am

Please do, Cher. I wrote and published a piece of flash fiction on my blog last week, and I really enjoyed writing it. I hope you do to. xx

• April 13, 2015 at 10:00 am

Thank you so much, Hugh! I shall look forward to writing it!! Brilliant idea! Cher xo

12. April 9, 2015 at 6:52 pm

Are there special places to get chocolate in Chicago? I have a major sweet tooth 🙂

• April 9, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Christy, are you familiar with, “Fannie May”? It has been around since 1920. I believe it started in Chicago, and there are lots of stores around the city. I must tell you that the manager of one of the stores knows me by name; yes, I am a frequent buyer! Would you like me to write about Fannie May Chocolates? Cher xo P.S. Major sweet tooth here, too! 😉

• April 9, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Hi Cher, Ohhhh!! Yes, please, could you write about Fannie May Chocolates? I would be honored if you wrote a post related to my original idea. Thank you xo PS I would share chocolate with you 🙂

• April 9, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Consider it done! I’d share chocolate with you, too! Thank you Christy!! Cher xo

13. April 9, 2015 at 9:16 pm

When I was in Chicago way back in the mid 90s, I was unable to visit the “jazz bars” which I understand Chicago is famous for. I would love to see a photo of a musician playing a saxophone in a popular jazz bar in the city… 🙂

• April 9, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Oh, I am sorry you didn’t get a chance to do that when you were here! I shall put that on the list!! Thank you!! Cher xo

• April 9, 2015 at 9:29 pm

Yehey! Lots of thanks in advance… 🙂

• April 9, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Ah, you are so welcome! I will try really hard to get some information!! Thank you so much for your comments and great suggestion! Cher xo

14. April 9, 2015 at 9:35 pm

Well, I’ve long had an interest in amusement parks and as with any decent-sized city Chicago has a couple of intriguing lost ones. White City operated from 1905 to about 1933, with some parts remaining until around 1950; is there anything that can be said about the park now? And if that’s too easy in the 1880s there was a park known to the Roller Coaster Database only as State Street Park; is there information about that available?

• April 9, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Now that is most intriguing, Joseph! Are you familiar with Riverview Amusement Park? Apparently it was in operation from the early 1900s to 1967, I’m going to do some research about both the White city and State Street Park! Thank you so much for these intriguing parks! Cher xo

15. April 9, 2015 at 9:45 pm

The Palmer House Hotel, interior lobby, bronze doors, Tiffany aspects, u-name-it.

• April 9, 2015 at 9:50 pm

Hi John, I most certainly can do that. In fact, I walk past the Palmer House at least once a week. Marvelous place! Thank you so much for the suggestion! Consider it done! Cher xo

16. April 10, 2015 at 9:52 am

I second tinyexpats 🙂 I have never been to Chicago and curious with it 😉 Thanks so much for the opportunity! Have a fantastic weekend!!

• April 10, 2015 at 11:05 am

Excellent! Thank you so much, Indah! Consider it done! And to you as well; thank you! Cher xo

17. Josh Wrenn
    April 10, 2015 at 5:15 pm

Anything but deep dish…it will make me too hungry!!!!!

• April 10, 2015 at 5:21 pm

*LOL* Welcome to The Chicago Files, Josh! Ah, I hear you! 🙂 🙂 I’ll make sure there are some posts with no trace of cheese or tomato sauce in sight! Cher 🙂

• May 8, 2015 at 11:22 am

Why is it that no matter what time you leave Minneapolis you get to Chicago during rush hour?

Liked by 2 people

• May 8, 2015 at 11:26 am

*LOL* Funny you should say that! The exact thing happened to our Canadian guests last weekend when they stopped in MN for a night! 😉 Cher xo

18. April 10, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Speaking of Jazz bars (one of your comment folks did earlier), too many years ago to count, there was a basement bar called ‘The Gate of Horn’ – near Chicago and State… Enjoyed the jazz there many an evening and some Sundays … Doubt if it’s still around after all the years.

• April 10, 2015 at 8:06 pm

Hi Billy Ray! I know exactly where that corner is, but I don’t recall seeing a bar by that name. However, I will be happy to investigate!! Thank you for the request! Cher xo

19. April 14, 2015 at 6:07 pm

What a cool idea! Thanks for requesting our requests!! I would like to know how long you would suggest is a good amount of time to see the city and maybe a mini itinerary for it- like “5 days in Chicago, do this…” And I would be interested in hearing about vegan and veggie restaurants there. You have inspired me Cher, I am totally going to visit the Windy City later this year!!x

• April 14, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Why thank you, dear Laura! Absolutely! I shall add that to the request list! Brilliant idea my dear! Come and visit Chicago!! Awh, bless! Thank you!! Cher xo

20. April 29, 2015 at 10:56 am

Fabulous idea! How about the subway?

Cbridge.ca