Chicago: What a great lake kinda town!

lake-michigan-december-18-20131

I am always in wonder when it comes to the ever-changing scenery over and on Lake Michigan.  I’ve seen fireworks, transparent mist rolling onto shore (which my very funny husband told me was a noxious Lake Michigan gas and that we needed to grab the gas masks ASAP)!  I’ve seen clouds of every, size and shape.  I’ve seen a full moon the shade of an orange, shining its luminescent beams onto the water.  I’ve seen hot air balloons, fighter jets, and I swear a green meteor (it screeched across the sky and disappeared as quickly as it arrived).  I’ve seen distant ships on the horizon.

Lake Michigan is the only great lake out of the five that is completely enclosed in US territory.  Chicagoans are very proud of this lovely lake; now I am too!  Oh by the way, if you click on the picture above, you’ll be able to see it much better!

12 comments for “Chicago: What a great lake kinda town!

1. sunshinebright
    January 16, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I didn’t know that Lake Michigan was the only Great Lake that was completely within the US. How interesting! I’m enjoying reading about how you are acclimating yourself into the “Chicago” lifestyle.

• January 16, 2014 at 7:49 pm

I didn’t know that either until my American hubby pointed it out! *LOL* Awh, thank you so much! I really appreciate that. I hope to keep you entertained! *LOL*

Cher 🙂

2. January 17, 2014 at 8:52 am

I saw that green meteor too! We were in Palm Springs. When did you see it?

• January 17, 2014 at 9:27 am

Oh that’s wonderful! I saw it in February, 2011. I could hardly believe it! It was a florescent green!

• January 17, 2014 at 3:23 pm

I couldn’t have seen it then as I was out of the country. I’m pretty sure I saw it in March 2012. It was big. It was fluorescent green and it travelled so quickly that I didn’t have time to open my mouth and say, “Oh look!” before it was gone. I was beginning to think we were special until I Googled it. There have been lots of sitings. Well!

• January 17, 2014 at 7:14 pm

I love it that you saw one too! Isn’t it an incredible sight! We are lucky, that’s for sure!

• January 18, 2014 at 8:25 am

🙂

3. Susie
    January 19, 2014 at 10:25 am

I love that picture dear Cher
    it is very interesting! I also enjoyed your Chicago music blog featuring Buddy Guy
    — you take my mind to a good place with your writing and I thank you 🙂

• January 19, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Hi Susie! Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad you are following The Chicago Files! Your words make me motivated! Thank you!!

4. May 24, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Reblogged this on Suzie81 Speaks and commented:
    Meet Cher! This is an earlier post of hers but I loved the photograph so I thought I’d share it with you. Cher is an ex-pat now living in Chicago, and her blog is about everything the Windy City has to offer… Stop by and say hello – she’s one of the friendliest bloggers I know!

5. May 24, 2015 at 9:12 pm

I’m a Chi-town native sent abroad in the Air Force. I look forward to your thoughts and experiences of my “old stomping grounds,” if for no other reason than a touch of home. Found you via SuzieSpeaks, so thanks to her for the reblog!

• May 24, 2015 at 10:15 pm

Well I am sending you a huge, “Welcome to The Chicago Files”! I am looking forward to your feedback about my observations of your awesome town! Thank you so much for your comments, and please let me know if there is anything you’d like me to write about!! It would be my honor! Cher xo

Cbridge.ca