Happy First Day of Fall!

[courtesy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sMaLxR-HVA]

The quote by F. Scott Fitzgerald in the above picture is precisely how I feel during Fall/Autumn.  To me, it always brings with it a feeling of starting over again, renewal, good fortune, and new beginnings.

Some tend to feel this way in the Spring, where buds are bursting, and flowers are blooming.  I’m the opposite; I feel Fall is a time of starting anew.  Perhaps it’s because the long hot days of summer have faded into the rear-view mirror of my mind, replaced by cooler, crisp Fall days bringing clarity and change.

Okay, it might just be due to the fact that both Halloween and my birthday are in the Fall and that means candy and cake (two of my favorite vices)!  Whatever the reasons, I feel the first day of Fall is such a welcomed event!

I hope on this first day of Fall you feel a sense of renewal and newfound starting points too!

37 comments for “Happy First Day of Fall!

1. September 22, 2018 at 10:34 am

yay! my favorite season of all –

2. September 22, 2018 at 12:05 pm

First day of fall, I can barely believe it. hugs xo

3. September 22, 2018 at 12:52 pm

For me, Fall is a time for rest and a time to harvest the fruits of your labor. In resting you are renewed in the golden years. I love fall it is my favorite season. I love pumpkins and the changing of colors and the start of the fire in the old and idle fireplace on a frosty night. Love the smell of rotting leaves. Like you I love fall. Happy Birthday if you don’t announce it and enjoy your renewal and a lovely fall.

• September 22, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Hi my dear! It is so nice to see you! I love how you describe it! You have such a way with words! Everything you are describing I love too! My birthday is October 28th and I’ll be doing a post because I always appreciate everyone that reads my blog (and of course that includes you!) so it is a fabulous birthday gift! Thank you, my dear! Cher xo

• September 22, 2018 at 5:54 pm

Just a heads up I have been on a sabbatical from my blog indefinately. I have no idea if I will return or not. Seems i have lost my words for poetry but not a post that I will come on to post October 4 as a writing challenge for another blog. The title will be Awakened by grief and ascended by love. It should be interesting. It speaks of my life so you can get a snippet of some of my life. Be well my friend<3

• September 22, 2018 at 6:44 pm

My dear friend, I will and continue to send you tons of light and energy. I shall make sure that I read your post on October 4th. Just know that although you may not return to writing if you feel that is not ringing true with your heart, there are many, many of us who will continue to send you healing and love always. Thank you so much, my friend. Cher xo

• September 22, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Aww! Thank you share and also sending you healing. I may be back but it may not take to a poetry site but something else.

• September 22, 2018 at 7:44 pm

Bless you, my dear; thank you. Please keep me posted if you can. (thechicagofiles@gmail.com) Cher xo

4. September 22, 2018 at 2:10 pm

You can’t beat candy AND cake. Nope…can’t beat it.

• September 22, 2018 at 2:16 pm

Agreed and agreed my fellow Chicagoan! Cher xo

5. September 22, 2018 at 2:47 pm

Feeling like fall as the leaves begin to “bloom’… Have an awesome autumn, Cher! ❤ xo

• September 22, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Ah, bless! Why thank you so much, dear Bette! What a lovely way to describe it! And to you as well! Thank you!! Cher xo

6. September 22, 2018 at 3:21 pm

I never thought of life starting anew in fall. But there is something about it indeed. Have a fantastic birthday season, Cher 😊

7. September 22, 2018 at 4:38 pm

Reblogged this on It Is What It Is and commented:
    Happy first day of all … to one and all!!

• September 22, 2018 at 6:41 pm

Thank you so much, dear Horty, and Happy First Day of Fall to you both! Cher xo

8. September 23, 2018 at 12:22 pm

If it’s your favorite season and today is the first day then I wish you all the best Cher 🙂 For me it starts with the October mists and the last fruits of the summer. I guess England is on a different time to Canada and the US. I do share your love of Autumn 🙂

• September 23, 2018 at 5:26 pm

Ah, thank you so much my dear! Well my birthday is in October but when the first day of Autumn arrives, I always feel the same feeling of renewal! I love how you describe, “October mists and the last fruits of the summer.” That sounds like a fantastic way to start a book! Various times in the U.S. and Canada bring falling leaves and cooler temps. Why, there are parts of Canada that already have a wee bit of snow (not to last for long, let’s hope)! Thank you, my dear! Cher xo

9. September 23, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Wishing you a beautiful fall season, Cher xo

• September 23, 2018 at 7:30 pm

Why thank you so much, dear Christy! And to you as well! 🤗💜 Cher xo

10. September 23, 2018 at 9:28 pm

Happy autumn to you, dear Cher… as we enter spring in the Southern Hemisphere… 🤪😘 xoxo

• September 24, 2018 at 7:06 am

Ah, thank you so much, dear Aquileana! And I wish you a Happy Spring!! Summer for you is just around the corner! Big hugs my dear! Cher xoxo

11. September 26, 2018 at 10:04 am

Gorgeous!! The quote is wonderful

• September 26, 2018 at 5:31 pm

Ah, thank you, Lynn!! Cher xo

12. Annie Van Es
    September 30, 2018 at 2:39 am

A wonderful photo. I wish you a beautiful autumn.

• September 30, 2018 at 11:40 am

Why thank you, Annie! You too! Cher xo

Banter Republic

It's just banter

Dining with Donald

Donald on dining in and out

Platform Number 4

Becky Ross Michael: an author's blog

An Unexpected Muse

writing ... after parkinson's

SouthernBlondeChic

"Pour Your Passion To Find Joy In The Journey"

Art by Rob Goldstein

There is no common truth, but there are facts.

BlogBimmel

Aktuelles - Vordergründiges - Hintergründiges - Unergründliches - Dumm Tüch - Fotos

Crow On The Wire

Poetry and Stories by Mark Tulin

BrewNSpew

Coffee-break Scuttlebutt

Cats in the Cradle Blog

Reviews, Giveaways, and More!