Tuesday Shares: Cruisin’ Down the Chicago River

I love this area of downtown Chicago.  You can see a tour boat meandering its way down the Chicago River.  The tours offered on the river are fascinating because you get to see the ‘back’ of many of the incredible buildings that are otherwise more difficult to see.  As I always seem to say, the architecture in Chicago is phenomenal.

If you find yourself visiting our fair city, please take an architectural boat tour.  I’m almost embarrassed to say that I have been on the tour approximately 20 times!  Yes, it’s such a fun and interesting activity to experience!

8 comments for “Tuesday Shares: Cruisin’ Down the Chicago River

1. July 3, 2018 at 8:24 am

I took one of these architectural tours during my trip to Chicago in 2007. It is very educational and the architecture is incredible. I would go on the tours 20 times as well if I could. In fact, it’s hard to remember all of the info about the buildings and history of the area in just one tour. So I would be up for another tour!

• July 3, 2018 at 8:38 am

Hi Wayne! Oh did you? Yes, I know exactly what you mean. There is so much to it, isn’t there? One of the things I like about it is that every docent seems to mention something new. Strangely enough, I’ve never had the same docent twice! Oh yes, you definitely should take another tour when you are back in Chicago! Thanks, Wayne! Cher xo

2. July 3, 2018 at 5:49 pm

Oh yes. I took an architectural tour when I visited Chicago a few years back and I have never forgotten it. I would love to do it again.

• July 3, 2018 at 7:55 pm

Well that is so lovely to hear! Isn’t it interesting? I remember the first time I took the tour and I couldn’t believe the incredible buildings that lined the shore along the Chicago River. Well if you come back to Chicago you must take another tour! Cher xo

3. July 4, 2018 at 10:47 am

The Wendellas thank you for your business. 😉

That’s a great boat ride, and you pass some really great architecture.

• July 4, 2018 at 1:33 pm

LOL The architectural boat companies have A LOT of my money, John! Hahaha Yes, it is a great tour, and some amazing architecture no doubt! Thanks, John, and Happy Fourth! Cher xo

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time

Nature And Photography