Monday’s Sunrise: Pink Floyd Pondering

sunrise-lake-michigan-january-30-2017-3

Good morning!  You know, this is the first sunny day we’ve had here in Chicago for weeks!  In case you were wondering why I hadn’t posted any sunrise pics recently, that is why!  There’s an interesting anomaly in this picture.  If you look to the right of the  sun, you will see two objects that appear to be rising from the water.  I think they are smokestacks from a barge out on Lake Michigan.  The words from the famous Pink Floyd Song, “Comfortably Numb” came to mind when I gazed out at the sunrise:  “A distant ship’s smoke on the horizon”.  For some reason, I tend to relate things I notice to song lyrics.  I don’t know why, really.  However, in this case, I think it matches quite nicely!

24 comments for “Monday’s Sunrise: Pink Floyd Pondering

1. January 30, 2017 at 8:52 am

Such a beautiful image and Sunrise.. The Sun here too has been hiding behind the rain and fog clouds recently.. But we did get to see blue sky at last yesterday.. but it is playing hide and seek again today..

Have a wonderful week 🙂
    Sue

• January 30, 2017 at 8:54 am

Hi dear Sue! Well I think the sun is going to play hide and seek again here today; it’s just giving us a little reprieve this morning! *LOL* Ah, well here’s to sunny skies in both our parts of the world! Thank you, Sue! And to you as well! Big hugs, Cher xo

2. January 30, 2017 at 9:24 am

Now that’s a morning 😀

• January 30, 2017 at 9:28 am

That’s for sure, Andy! And those people on the barge are certainly early birds!!! Cher xo

3. January 30, 2017 at 9:41 am

That’s a great photo Cher!! I think the Pink Floyd albums are among the best ever made.

4. January 30, 2017 at 10:33 am

OMG…LIGHT! I CAN’T BELIEVE IT. I’VE BEEN GETTING PHONE CALSS, SAYING, THE SUN’S OUT!

• January 30, 2017 at 10:52 am

Yeay! Hehe Yes, finally! Cher xo

5. January 30, 2017 at 1:04 pm

I can imagine how much you must have missed such views! This view is breathtaking and I spotted the ships immediately!

6. January 30, 2017 at 5:15 pm

❤️

7. January 31, 2017 at 8:03 am

Beautiful sunrise. This winter in Arizona, it’s been especially cool and cloudy. My favorite sunset spot has only been visited a couple of times this season because, well, no visible sunset! Expecting improved weather this week. Maybe I’ll get there and share a sunset or two this week! Keep warm there in that Chi-town!

• January 31, 2017 at 9:39 am

Oh has it, John? It must be a weather pattern shared across the country this winter I think! Oh yes, please take a photo or two if you get the chance! *LOL* I’ll certainly try; thank you, John! Cher xo

Viking Girl Adventures

To adventure is to live

Dr. Eric Perry, PhD

Psychology to Motivate | Inspire | Uplift

Saying Nothing in Particular

But happily ... JT Twissel aka Jan

Soul Writings

Our stories are gifts, and they need to be shared

Stories of ecstasy

Waiting On The Path of Happiness

Bryan Lunsford

A Site For Short-Stories

Boomer Eco Crusader

Helping you save time, money and the environment

JustCallMeTaco