Sail Away Aboard the Queen Mary! The Chicago Files is going to California!

Queen Mary 80th Anniversary Celebration– photo courtesy of queenmary.com

I am over the moon with excitement!  The 80th anniversary of the Queen Mary’s maiden voyage (1936 from South Hampton, U.K.) is taking place next week.  I am honored and thrilled to be taking part in this magnificent event aboard the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California!

There will be many activities and events happening from May 26th – May 28th aboard the Queen Mary.  I have graciously been invited to a media preview of a new one-hour BBC Documentary entitled, “Queen Mary:  Greatest Ocean Liner”.  Randolph Churchill, great-grandson to Winston Churchill will provide remarks after the presentation.  Winston Churchill was the ship’s most distinguished passenger, making this event extra special.

Truly, I am deeply grateful to be attending the 80th anniversary event and can’t wait to tell you all about it! I’ll be writing several posts and will include lots of photos!  Please stay tuned!  If you’d like more information about this historical event, here is a link to the event page on the Queen Mary’s website:

17 comments for “Sail Away Aboard the Queen Mary! The Chicago Files is going to California!

1. May 21, 2016 at 10:48 am

Exciting. 6 hues on the boat Forget about doing that to the rest of the photo.

2. May 21, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Very much looking forward to your posts re this exciting visit! 🙂

• May 21, 2016 at 2:39 pm

Why thank you, dear Carol! I am so incredibly happy to be including in this historical event and I can’t wait to share photos and stories!! Cher xo

3. May 21, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Oh, Cher! This is absolutely awesome! Of course, you are totally excited! Have fun in California and enjoy the spectacle!

4. May 21, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Sounds like you’ll have a great time! I look forward to your posts afterward.

• May 21, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Thank you, John! I am hoping to meet with Mr. Churchill, too! Cher xo

5. May 21, 2016 at 5:41 pm

Wow, this is awesome, Cher, I’m so excited for you!!! That would be so amazing to be part of this, I really can’t wait to see your posts on this. Wishing you a safe journey, my dear friend, and many happy, memorable moments! All the best, always. Big hugs, Donna xoxo

• May 21, 2016 at 7:43 pm

Hi dear Donna! Ah, thank you so much! I am really excited about it, and will be meeting some warbrides who came to the US aboard the Queen Mary! I cannot wait! Shall report back with posts soonest! Big hugs to you my dear, Cher xo

6. May 23, 2016 at 5:59 am

I look forward to your posts. Enjoy the event.

• May 23, 2016 at 7:08 am

Why thank you so much my dear! Cher xo

Pacific Paratrooper

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

The Yoga Cowgirl

Live fully and have fun doing so...

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."

Mike Powell

My journey through photography

Second Wind Leisure Perspectives

Fun, Fitness & Photography

Perkins Designs

Design ⋅ Photography ⋅ Art

Picture Perfect Memories for life

Myriad memories frozen in time