Train Travel Tales: Truly Terrific!

Clouds over New Mexico October 2015

Hello everyone! We just arrived back into Chicago last night.  We had a wonderful trip to California, and I’m really looking forward to sharing stories and photos with you.  As I’m a bit bleary-eyed from two days on the train, I thought I’d write a quick post to say hi to you, and I will be writing more very soon.  In the meantime, I’m sure you are used to my barrage of sunrise over Lake Michigan photos! *LOL* Well, this time I have a sunset over New Mexico photo to show you.  Wow, what a spectacular view from the train to see orange, glowing clouds in the distance.  Over rolling hills and rugged terrain, I sat with sheer delight in every scene that passed by our cabin window.

I have missed writing posts and reading those of my fellow bloggers! I hope you have a wonderful day, and I look forward to catching up with you all!

12 comments for “Train Travel Tales: Truly Terrific!

1. October 24, 2015 at 2:13 pm

I’m glad you had a safe trip home and yes that is a spectacular sunset. Very Halloween orange and black.

• October 24, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Thank you my dear! Well isn’t that something; I didn’t even think about the Halloween aspect! You can certainly tell I’m lacking sleep! *LOL* Bless you for your always kind words!! Cher xo

2. October 24, 2015 at 2:39 pm

i really was so excited to see this today. your posts are always so uplifting.

• October 24, 2015 at 2:48 pm

My dear, you are the sweetest person! You always make me feel so wonderful with your thoughtful words. Thank YOU! Cher xo

3. October 24, 2015 at 3:05 pm

Welcome back Cher 🙂

• October 24, 2015 at 3:19 pm

Yeay! Thank you, Irene!!! It was a great trip, but it’s also great to be back home!! Cher xo

4. October 24, 2015 at 11:25 pm

Oh, good. Enjoy relaxing back into normal things.

• October 24, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Thank you, Joseph! Shall do! Cher xo

5. October 25, 2015 at 7:37 pm

So glad to see your post, Cher. Love that New Mexico sunset. You know, I almost moved to Albuquerque with my family many years ago. I still have a soft spot in my heart for that gorgeous state. Looking forward to your travel posts. Your title for this post is spectacular. Onomatopoeia? Get some rest now – you deserve it. 🙂

• October 25, 2015 at 8:13 pm

Thank you so much, dear Carol! Yes, that sunset was amazing, especially since I usually see the sunrises over Lake Michigan! *LOL* Oh did you? It certainly is a gorgeous state, isn’t it? Ah, thank you; I am looking forward to posting about our trip, too! Hehehe Onomatopoeia indeed my dear! Thank you; I really need it (sounds rather silly after a vacation, but we were very busy and then being on the train for two days)! Cher xo

Writing and Illustrating