Puffy-Cloud Trio!

Lincoln Park Summer 2014

I thought I’d start the week by taking you back to Lincoln Park!  Here is another shot of this lovely sanctuary in Chicago.  Lincoln Park/Lincoln Park Zoo are one in the same property.  Its walkways with ponds and wildlife truly bring a notable calm to a city that can be rather energetic most of the time.

I found something rather interesting when I looked at this photo I took last Summer.  I had not noticed until today there are three puffy clouds looming overhead.  Although not evenly spread apart from my vantage point, they certainly do seem to be a traveling cottonball-like trio, don’t they? This is what I find so interesting about perception and our focus (or in my case, lack thereof) in any given situation.  Becoming more aware of our environment can serve many useful purposes; in this particular case, I missed the charming clouds despite the fact they were literally floating by in my line of view.

Let’s start Monday by paying attention to our surroundings and focusing in on these lovely little treasures!

What about you, do you notice your surroundings so as not to miss interesting delights?

41 comments for “Puffy-Cloud Trio!

1. June 1, 2015 at 10:08 am

Cool cloud trio! I love blue skies and clouds.

Liked by 2 people

• June 1, 2015 at 10:15 am

Isn’t it cool? I do too!! Too bad I didn’t even notice it when I took the photo! *LOL* Cher xo

• June 1, 2015 at 11:04 am

Clouds can be sneaky.

• June 1, 2015 at 11:05 am

That is sooooo right! I should have named this post, “Sneaky-Cloud Trio”!! 😉

• June 2, 2015 at 5:22 pm

Thank you for your support. Your likes and follow have been supportive and encouraging.
      Alexander

2. June 1, 2015 at 10:27 am

Wow – it looks like it was a beautiful day to be in the park. It reminds me that summer should be on the way, but there’s precious little of it here at the moment – only grey skies and a very chilly wind despite being 1st June!

• June 1, 2015 at 10:29 am

Hi Veronica! Oh yes, I recall it was one of those picture-perfect days and most definitely ideal to be at the park! We have grey skies and a chilly wind here too! In fact, a coat is needed today!! June 1st? I don’t think the calendar is set right! *LOL* Cher xo

3. June 1, 2015 at 10:33 am

I’m thinking Madagascar when I see this 😄

• June 1, 2015 at 10:34 am

Embarrassingly, I have not seen any of the movies! *takes away a clink for me* 😦 Cher xo

4. June 1, 2015 at 10:34 am

Yes, Cher, it’s a cool snapshot … You’ve caught such beautiful surrounds here! Indeed we need to stop and appreciate the many “treasures” around us. Thanks for sharing. 🙂 Have a lovely week.

• June 1, 2015 at 10:36 am

Thank you so much, Iris! I found it amazing that I was able to catch the three clouds together since I did not notice them at the time! *LOL* We really do, don’t we, Iris? Thank you, and I hope you have a lovely week, too! Love, Cher xo

5. Amy
    June 1, 2015 at 10:46 am

Great shot! I love the idea of focusing in on these lovely little treasures. Thank you Angel! 🙂

• June 1, 2015 at 10:47 am

Thank you, Amy! I honestly did not see them until I looked at the photo today! It was sheer luck on my part!! *grin* I’m glad you like it!! Cher xo

6. June 1, 2015 at 10:55 am

That’s beautiful! It reminds me a bit on Central Park. It looks so peaceful and chilling!

7. Thumbup
    June 1, 2015 at 11:22 am

Cotton Candy!

8. Josh Wrenn
    June 1, 2015 at 12:51 pm

I really need to visit Chicago soon. So many cool looking things there, and of course, the deep dish. I try to notice the little things around me as much as possible since I spent so much time in a hospital room that I feel it is almost my duty now that I can actually get outside from time to time.

• June 1, 2015 at 1:00 pm

It really is an amazing city, Josh! And the pizza! BEST………..PIZZA……………..EVER!!! *LOL* That should be your mantra or mission statement! You can go outside so you WILL go outside!! I think you guys would love this city. Cher 🙂

9. June 1, 2015 at 2:11 pm

I think paying attention to our surroundings and being mindful is a great idea! Those cotton ball clouds all in a row are so unusual. This is another stunning photo, Cher! 🙂

• June 1, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Well thank you so much for your lovely words! I think we miss so much (ie. me and the cotton ball clouds!) when we aren’t paying attention to that which is around us. I think I need to take my own advice! Hahahaha!! Cher xo

10. June 1, 2015 at 3:40 pm

That’s indeed a very well-organized set of cotton-ball clouds. It’s almost too perfect.

• June 1, 2015 at 3:42 pm

It is, isn’t it, Joseph? Which makes it even more embarrassing that I did not notice it until I looked at the photo! *LOL* Cher xo

11. June 1, 2015 at 5:12 pm

Your clouds are charming. You can’t miss the clouds here at the moment, they are massive and tempestuous and spring feels like a distant memory.

• June 1, 2015 at 6:22 pm

Ah, thank you so much, Hilary! Oh dear; that’s not good! I cannot believe it is June 1st! Have you spoken with your daughter lately? It is frightfully chilly here but warmer temps are on the way (so they say)! Cher xo

12. June 2, 2015 at 4:28 am

I love clouds! I spend a lot of time looking at clouds and finding shapes in them. Those are three very cute ones 🙂

• June 2, 2015 at 6:19 am

Thank you, Clara! I love clouds, too! I see shapes in them as well; sometimes they are really obvious to me, while other times, I have to keep looking to see anything! Thanks so much for your comments! Cher xo

13. June 2, 2015 at 10:32 am

Cher, it’s funny that you speak about those clouds. They are the same clouds we have here in So. FL – only they are more prevalent in the winter than they are in summer. Thanks for this lovely post.

• June 2, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Interesting that you would see them more in winter, Carol! Ah, I love clouds!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Cher xo

14. June 2, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Three stay-puff marshmallows ready for roasting, Cher!

• June 2, 2015 at 6:29 pm