Is it really THAT cold?

colder than mars picture winnipeg

I must admit that despite the fact the temperatures in Chicago are cold, I just cannot bring myself to complain about it (much).  And yet, every time I hear someone comment about the extreme temperatures, or, “Oh, you could get hypothermia out there today”, I am reminded of one thing:

Winnipeg was colder than MARS a few days ago!! And apparently it is the same today!

Grab your spacesuits, Winnipegers, and I will keep my complaints about the cold here to a dull roar.  Promise!

10 comments for “Is it really THAT cold?

1. MichelleO
    January 4, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Colder than Mars! LOL. That’s a good one. I’m ready for spring….right now!

• January 4, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Apparently it is! I’m ready for Spring too!

2. DW
    January 4, 2014 at 9:25 pm

In case your readers can’t relate to another planet, let’s keep the references local; Winterpeg was colder than the North Pole, and I like it like that. At least we still had power. Can’t say the same for Ontario and some other easterners. You know me….. let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Only 354 days 2 hours 34 minutes and 12 seconds to Christmas.

• January 5, 2014 at 9:26 pm

*LOL* Ah, the tough Prairie girl! Love it!

3. January 6, 2014 at 9:56 am

Colder than Mars? I have so got to share this one 🙂 Stay warm!

• January 6, 2014 at 9:58 am

*LOL* Yes, I became almost a “cold warrior” when I lived in Winnipeg! Here in Chicago it is extremely cold today; but not as cold as Mars (I mean, Winnipeg) *grin*

4. Professions for PEACE
    January 6, 2014 at 10:46 am

What a fun post! Looking at others who have it worse it an excellent way for us all to hold off on the complaining. Those poor Martians! LOL 😀 I’m a tough Canuck, what can I say? Cheers, Gina

• January 6, 2014 at 10:59 am

*LOL* Yes, Gina, I quite agree! Which is why on this frosty day here in Chicago, I am reminded of my dear, fellow Canucks who are bravely dealing with -51C windchills. Ah, Gina, another Canuck! Welcome!

5. March 18, 2015 at 9:12 pm

Everyone brags when they get colder than Mars, but do they ever point it out when it’s warmer than Neptune?

• March 19, 2015 at 7:31 am

*LOL* Point taken, Joseph!! *grin* Cher xo

Brother's Campfire

Gather 'round and hear a tale...

Short Prose

Poetry and Short Prose by #1 Amazon Best-Selling Author Gabriela Marie Milton

Roth Poetry

Poetry From the Heart!

Tranature

quiet moments in nature

Pacific Paratrooper

This WordPress.com site is Pacific War era information

The Yoga Cowgirl

Live fully and have fun doing so...

Yelling Rosan Blogi

is award free one

Mitch Teemley

The Power of Story

Skyscapes for the Soul - Jeni Bate

"I paint the skies with peace and passion, because that's the way they paint me."